Example of a Registrar's Registration Audit Schedule

T

Teri - 2011

We have had our preassessment to TS 16949 and the document review.
One of the findings for the preassessment was on internal audits, I used that 3rd shift would be audited as appropriate, Our regristrar didn't like it.
Next finding was during the doc. review. Must show how we audit each process along with the system.
We currently do not use a "matrix" to show product audits, instead use the control plans and a "Quality audit checksheet" to do the product audits.

Does anyone have an audit schedule they would care to share? Right now I am having problems in coming up with a schedule that is user friendly in trying to show system, processes along with shifts.

I am probably making this harder than what it needs to be. :frust: But you know how it is! You get started in one path, having problems thinking outside of the box. :bonk:

Would appreciate any suggestions!!
Thanks!! :bigwave:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I was certain that the standard said that the product audit should be defined in the control plan. I searched for it but could not find it.

The problem that I see with product audit only being written on the control plan is that it can be forgotten. If you have a reminder system that pops up when needed this should be fine.
This seems to be a practical problem amd not another CB demand for the sake of it.
Remember that process audits 8.2.2.2 are manufacturing process audits

D

db

Teri said:
Must show how we audit each process along with the system.
We currently do not use a "matrix" to show product audits, instead use the control plans and a "Quality audit checksheet" to do the product audits.

Perhaps I'm splitting hairs here, but I see a difference. You begin with "we audit each process", and end with "product audits". If you are using the control plans and a checklist for your process audits, I see nothing wrong with that provided that each auditable process has a control plan. The control plan has the process, the checklist should have the inputs/outputs/metrics, etc. Perhaps, between the two you had major gaps in your process audit. 4.1 b-e is a good way to determine what you need to audit your processes for. It is also possible that the way you perform the audit was not clear in your documentation.

Also, don't forget to meet 8.2.2.1 and 8.2.2.3.

Top Bottom