Example of ISO/IEC 17025 Implementation Project Plan

R

Radlerka

Hello coleagues,

I got the task to prepare ISO/IEC 17025 implementation project plan. Unfortunately lack of experiance is the main cause why I'm disappointed at the moment. Could somebody share with me exampe of mentioned above plan or at least link me to some resources with detailed explanation what need to be done for successful 17025 implementation.

Thank you in advance!

Denis.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
One thing you should do is self-audit against the requirements of ISO17025. I believe the ACLASS website has a document you can use (www[dot]aclasscorp[dot]com). It will take MANY hours to complete. I don't know who the accrediting body is for the Ukraine. But they may have some unique requirements. And if English is not a first language with you (I'm not familiar with languages where you are), there may be documents in your language on a website of the accrediting body in your part of the world.

To simplify, one of the first steps when you are going to seek ISO17025 accreditation is to get a copy of the ISO document and go one paragraph at a time through it and start working on all of the preparations for each paragraph.

There will be some paragraphs that do not apply, and many that will apply. So that is where I would begin. It will be a lot of hard work. I recommend being strict with yourself. The more strict you are with yourself in the requirements, the easier it will be at the time of the audit.

Also, you may want to at least consider hiring a consultant to help with the process. You would have to research in your location to see who is a good consultant there.

R

Radlerka

Thanks Jerry. Much appreciated! Please see my comments below:

One thing you should do is self-audit against the requirements of ISO17025. I believe the ACLASS website has a document you can use (www[dot]aclasscorp[dot]com). It will take MANY hours to complete. I don't know who the accrediting body is for the Ukraine.

- I would prefer our partner TUV America
But they may have some unique requirements. And if English is not a first language with you (I'm not familiar with languages where you are), there may be documents in your language on a website of the accrediting body in your part of the world. - All the system we will build on two languages (English and Ukrainian)

To simplify, one of the first steps when you are going to seek ISO17025 accreditation is to get a copy of the ISO document and go one paragraph at a time through it and start working on all of the preparations for each paragraph.
- Already done.

There will be some paragraphs that do not apply, and many that will apply. So that is where I would begin. It will be a lot of hard work. I recommend being strict with yourself. The more strict you are with yourself in the requirements, the easier it will be at the time of the audit. - Thanks fully agree with you.

Also, you may want to at least consider hiring a consultant to help with the process. You would have to research in your location to see who is a good consultant there.

- Unfortunately we can not allow our self to hire external consultant. Everything should be done by local team This is some kind of low cost solution. :) We already have 5 years expiriance with ISO 9001 and 14001 so our management believe that local resources should be ok

Meantime would be nice to see example of project plan. In order to see the main milestones of the project. We have really big wishes to do it on professional and nice way. Could somebody share an example?

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
The implementation plan will actually be lab dependent. Some general steps have been outlined by Jerry. I will only try to add a little here.

Obtain a copy of ISO/IEC 17025:2005. NAAU is currently an affiliate member of ILAC, but they should have a copy of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 available in the local language. Read the Standard for yourself so you know what it says.

Get training if possible in the Standard. You may have to work with EA (European cooperation for Accreditation) to find training that is reasonably close to you.

Then develop the specific plan, that is, including the specific steps in the order that makes sense for your lab.

Hope that helps.

G

George Weiss

NIST has a bunch of free help. They have templates in PDF and WORD.doc
Yes buy the ISO17025:2005 doc for about $105 from ISO.
The project is a team effort. No one person should expect they are doing the whole thing. You, the person in charge are the Quality manager, you need a technical writer, and an analytical engineer or super technician to do the uncertanty evaluations, uncertainty budgets, and finally the scope of acreditation.
If your org is ISO9000, then modifications and additions are needed. If you are not yet ISO9000, then you are maybe producing a quality manual from scratch. The a commercial template to guide you would be good, for about $400 from 17025.com or other places. I, again have posted links to many places at 17025.org
have a nice day. I am new at this blog stuff, so pardon my efforts, which should help.
bye from george1weiss

D

Duke Okes

Major milestones are:

1. Learning the standard and doing a gap analysis
2. Designing & documenting the system
3. Training in & implementing the system
4. Auditing & corrective action
5. Registration audit

Timing depends on resources available, size of gap, commitment of organization, etc.

Project plan would be the above 5 steps with action items to support each and a timeline.

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Hello coleagues,

I got the task to prepare ISO/IEC 17025 implementation project plan. Unfortunately lack of experiance is the main cause why I'm disappointed at the moment. Could somebody share with me exampe of mentioned above plan or at least link me to some resources with detailed explanation what need to be done for successful 17025 implementation.

Thank you in advance!

Denis.

Experts have provided very good advise here. Since you are new for the implementation task, a 'Tutorial' will help provide you a good base.

Umang :D

waynesey

Registered
One thing you should do is self-audit against the requirements of ISO17025. I believe the ACLASS website has a document you can use (www[dot]aclasscorp[dot]com). It will take MANY hours to complete. I don't know who the accrediting body is for the Ukraine. But they may have some unique requirements. And if English is not a first language with you (I'm not familiar with languages where you are), there may be documents in your language on a website of the accrediting body in your part of the world.

There will be some paragraphs that do not apply, and many that will apply. So that is where I would begin. It will be a lot of hard work. I recommend being strict with yourself. The more strict you are with yourself in the requirements, the easier it will be at the time of the audit.

I tried to access the Aclass website but it seems to be a defunct site. Is there another similar that you may know? Thanks

Top Bottom