Examples to mitigate risk from Covid

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Hello everyone
I come with this question.
Working with SWOT, detecting weaknesses and threats as an exercise
for the strategic meeting for the current year, I raised the risk about Covid and the like problems.
and I´m defining actions to mitigate their effects.
In your case, could you share what actions have defined in this case.?
My case.
1- To create joinings with similar providers, to provide products to customers.
2- To give training to specific people in case of absences.
3- To look for additional suppliers of raw materials.
4- To look for additional customers.
Please feed me back on this issue.

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Hello everyone
I come with this question.
Working with SWOT, detecting weaknesses and threats as an exercise
for the strategic meeting for the current year, I raised the risk about Covid and the like problems.
and I´m defining actions to mitigate their effects.
In your case, could you share what actions have defined in this case.?
My case.
1- To create joinings with similar providers, to provide products to customers.
2- To give training to specific people in case of absences.
3- To look for additional suppliers of raw materials.
4- To look for additional customers.
Please feed me back on this issue.

Thanks
Good day qualprod,

All of your four points are valid risk-based strategies, in my view. I do not know what more I can add that would bring you value.

From my point of view Covid-19 is the threat. The risks are therefore:
Risk of employee to employee infection: mitigate by workspace improvements, sanitizer, masks, visors, screens, increased ventilation,
Risk of customer to employee infection and vice versa: logging visitors, asking for contact details for track and trace, screens, sanitizer, masks, visors, screens, increased ventilation in meeting rooms, remote meetings etc
Risk for vulnerable employees: pregnant women, staff with underlying health conditions, BAME employees and potentially those aged over 50.

Then you have the specific threats to your business overall as you have identified
loss of customers both in short term and long term
breakdown of supply chain
failure of delivery/courier services

The solutions you have identified are fine - am not sure about the looking for more customers one is really a risk mitigation. without knowing more about the business you might perhaps want to look at product diversification or new markets as mitigating factors but In truth the items above are threats to your business at any time, not just because of COVID.

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
I will add a couple of items:
  • Communications- Internal and External as to the status of the "issue"
    • Plan to communicate with employees - on status and actions
    • Plan to communicate with customers and/or suppliers
  • Review of Tools/Infrastructure
    • Determine tools needed to continue with work (i.e Remote vs on-site)
    • Future automation
    • New Software/Applications

Thee Bouyyy

Involved In Discussions
I will add :

Supplier performance and Material availability/ supply - Supplier may delay raw material supply and because of government restrictions in several parts manufacturing work can not process. - Moderate risk because delivery will be delay for the pending orders.

Watchcat

Trusted Information Resource
that is fatal to cold chain related industries.
That may depend on whether the industries are likely to expire from perception or reality. Almost everything is contaminated with micro-organisms at some level of contamination, including the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the surfaces we touch. It's a pandemic, so I think I've probably eaten, drank, breathed, and touched the SARS-COV2 virus many times over the past year. I may have gotten infected asymptomatically, but more likely the viral load wasn't high enough to infect me.

I am not an expert on cold-chain specifically. However, almost all measures taken to prevent disease transmission via ingestion or surface contact aim to reduce the level of exposure to the infectious organism to the point that it is unlikely to make anyone ill, not to eliminate exposure altogether. Moreover, risk of illness varies with the nature of the product and its use. Vaccines need much more stringent protection from contamination than food, and meat more than fruit.

There have been many lab studies showing the presence of SARS-COV2 on and in many things. I'm not aware of a single case that established someone became ill from this exposure.

On the other hand, if the perception of threat, rather than its reality, is fatal to cold chain industries, that may be a different matter. I think that would depend on the knowledge level of cold-chain customers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S ISO9001 QMS: Quality Manual Examples & Templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
P Examples of quality plans in IEC 62304 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S Examples of FDA acceptable Software Design Specification (SDS) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
Q Process matrix examples of ISO 9001 & 14001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Examples of Combination Products - MDR Article 1 (8) and MDR Article 1(9) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Combination products - examples CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
B Two excellent examples of process capability analysis from Quality Magazine Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
U Examples of Quality Objectives for a Medtech start up ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B ITAR Visitor Log Examples AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J Process FMEA Template with examples - Cold and Hot Forged components FMEA and Control Plans 4
R DFA & DFM - Examples for Design for assembly and design for manufacturability Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
I Quality Policy and Objectives examples Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 5
Y Examples of TRB Reports for MIL-PRF-31032 Qualification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
G Any good examples of CAPA forms that include a risk based approach? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
I ISO 22000:2018 - Operational Prerequisite Program Examples Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
S Examples of software changes that required a 510k US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
W SOP examples wanted - Soil, Concrete and Asphalt testing ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
O Examples of Critical process parameter (CPP) and Critical quality attribute (CQA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S AS9100D PEAR - Examples for organization's method for determining process results? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
L IATF 16949 8.3.3.2 FCA (Fiat Chrysler) Specific Requirements - Examples of AQR and MPFMEA Service Industry Specific Topics 1
L IATF 16949 Warranty Management System examples IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
A Examples of Pre-Sub, SRD, PMA Shells and Templates Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
S IAF Codes - Examples of what falls under each code General Information Resources 2
R Examples of inherent safety by design ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 83
O Examples of the external and internal issues and their risks and opportunities IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Medical Device Traceability Matrix - Examples EU Medical Device Regulations 8
P Examples of Nonconformance, Corrective Action Requests, and Root Cause Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
Ajit Basrur Looking for examples of "User Training" - ISO 13485 section 7.2.1 d) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Manufacturing Work Instruction examples that include process pictures Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
G Uncertainty Budget Examples for Caliper, Micrometer and Dial Gauge Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
Albert G. What are general examples of audit findings with ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
Q Risks Examples in Top Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
R ISO 13485:2016 - Quality Objectives Regulatory Requirement Examples ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Sidney Vianna Blockchain Technology - Any examples of practical application? The Reading Room 21
Z SAP Validation for Part 11 Compliance - Examples (executed protocols) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
M How to Document Internal & External Communications - Suggestions/examples pls IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Y Examples of Risk and Opportunities based on ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Examples of Quality Objectives related to ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M CAAC-145 Manuals - Looking for examples of MOM's, MMM's Capability Lists, etc. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 13
D Seeking Corrective Action Process Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
P ISO 9001:2008 Design and Development Process & Forms examples wanted Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
K AS9100 5.3 Authorities (Looking for examples) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B Risk Requirements to meet the explicit Risk Based Approach of ISO 13485:2016 Examples ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 21
F ISO 14001:2015 EMS Procedures and Form Examples wanted ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 10
K EN ISO 15223-1:2012 Clarification or Examples on when to use Safety Symbols Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
A SIPOC (Suppliers Inputs Process Outputs Customers) examples wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
A AS 9100 - Risk Management Procedure and Flow Chart examples AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Aseptic Sampling Procedure Examples (Syringe and Dipper) wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1