Excel based Gage R&R VS Minitab calculation

It Was I Who

SQA Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
Hi
I have a problem :-( I have sent an Excel based Gage R&R to one of my suppliers and when i received it back it shows different numbers then in my Minitab program.

This is what i get from the Excel file ( That i found here and found be very good and usefull) but from the minitabe file i get a different "Total"
Excel file shows 40,6% and the Minitab file shows 30,81%

This makes me frustrating
This is the calculation in the excel file.

Pleae help out i will not be able to sleep when it is like this :p

Minitab file

Br Tommy

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The Excel file is showing ndc, not the total R&R. Change the formatting in cells N31 and N40 from Percentage to Number to show the correct ndc. You will have to add a cell and calculation to obtain the total R&R.

It Was I Who

SQA Supplier Quality Assurance Manager
The Excel file is showing ndc, not the total R&R. Change the formatting in cells N31 and N40 from Percentage to Number to show the correct ndc. You will have to add a cell and calculation to obtain the total R&R.

So how will add the cell and do which calculation so it end up with the result of 30,81% ?

Fabrice

Registered
Hello, on your xlsx file, how can a concentricity of 0.5 be integrated as well as a diameter of 6.75max? I don't see a match with minitab. Do your calculations allow you to have an R&R Gage with a unilateral rating or a higher tolerance?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Regarding unilateral tolerances, see my blog on that topic. This file was designed to fit the standard bilateral tolerance scenario. No guarantees with unilateral tolerances or GD&T.

Top Bottom