Excel Conditional Format Issue

T

Tara Monson

Hey gang,

Totally not quality related but I'm struggling here and about to throw my computer out the window. :)

I have attached a spreadsheet that I am using to track our calibration dates. I had it set up so COLUMN E would change to RED if the due date was today or passed due. It would turn YELLOW if due within THIRTY DAYS.

This has worked fine for 2 years. Now I went to add a third conditional formatting rule, to turn ORANGE at 60 days out....and it blew my spreadsheet to pieces.

I can't go back to fix it to the original way. Everytime I save the original rules, all the cells in column E turn RED!

HELP!!!

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Excel Conditioning Format Issue

You have the file password protected, so there is no way to see what your conditional formats are . . .

I

iamtroll

Steve, do a file save as and rename the file then you will be able to edit it.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator

Tara

Try this...you can update the colors and shading

Hey gang,

Totally not quality related but I'm struggling here and about to throw my computer out the window. :)

I have attached a spreadsheet that I am using to track our calibration dates. I had it set up so COLUMN E would change to RED if the due date was today or passed due. It would turn YELLOW if due within THIRTY DAYS.

This has worked fine for 2 years. Now I went to add a third conditional formatting rule, to turn ORANGE at 60 days out....and it blew my spreadsheet to pieces.

I can't go back to fix it to the original way. Everytime I save the original rules, all the cells in column E turn RED!

HELP!!!

Attachments

T

Tara Monson

I apologize for it being p/word protected. I didn't realize...

Steven - that seemed to have worked but now I can't edit the font in those cells under conditional formatting?

Any thoughts as to why that is?

I am still dumbfounded as to why the entire column changed.

Blerg.

T

Tara Monson

I think i got it!

Man alive, you saved me from an outburst!

Thank you so much, Steven!

Cheers!

David-D

Involved In Discussions

I can't see your spreadsheet right now but the order you list the conditions and whether you tell excel to stop (a check box) after an individual condition is met are often things that trip me up in that situation. Earlier cpndotional formatting tends to get overwritten by later formatting.

David

reynald

Quite Involved in Discussions

I can't see your spreadsheet right now but the order you list the conditions and whether you tell excel to stop (a check box) after an individual condition is met are often things that trip me up in that situation. Earlier cpndotional formatting tends to get overwritten by later formatting.

David
True,
And Tara can use the "Stop if True" condition. Arrange the conditions as follows
<60 (stop if true)
<30 (stop if true)
<0 (stop if true)

T

Tara Monson

I have attached an unlocked version. I got this work with another method Steven posted, but I'd still like to figure out why my older method just stopped working.

Please see attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Excel 2010 Conditional Formating of Text Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
J Conditional Formatting for Microsoft Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
S Excel Spreadsheet Conditional Formatting help needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
Ajit Basrur How to get entire row in MS Excel colored? (Conditional Formatting) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
A Conditional Formatting - Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
C Template for Excel Validation Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Issuing of CoC to Customer in a Word or Excel format ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Ajit Basrur Track audit findings on Excel tracker Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
J Does anyone have an excel IATF 16949 Internal Audit checklist I could use? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S Anyone Familiar with "SPC for Excel" add-in? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
P Commercial excel templates that calculate overhead, hourly rates, fee proposal Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 0
I Cannot Export multiple sections from Excel to PDF without losing pagination Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 23
M Matching two matrices in Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
J Level 3 KPI Excel Template Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
GreatNate Excel PPAP Tracking templates or tool wanted APQP and PPAP 1
E Part 11 Compliance, Excel living documents (i.e. document master list, equipment list, approved supplier list) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
J ISO 9001:2015 Excel Gap Analysis wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B AS9110 Audit Check Sheet wanted Excel or Word Document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
G Excel report with pictures Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
A Query regarding MS Excel usage Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
A Excel OOT (Out of Tolerance) Formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
Y Excel Automation - Printing Word Documents from within Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 0
S Help me build an Excel Spreadsheet for tracking training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
P Template or example Excel list of ISO certificates issued to clients ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Medical Device Process validation, Validation of excel spreadsheets used for process Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
C Excel date format from Denmark to USA Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
G ISO 9001:2015 - Is control possible with Excel adaptable measurement sheets? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
N Where I can find an Excel sample/template for recording Delivery Time and Cost Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
D How do I go about creating document logs and registers with the MS Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
D Microsoft Excel database to Stand-alone software Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
QSM_Rick Controlling Multi-Tab Microsoft Excel Forms Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
B Zeiss CMM Calypso output to Excel or CSV file Help Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
S used excel formula calculated the ARL's with Rule1&Rule2 for Shewhart control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
N Gantt Chart / Time Tracker in Excel - Combining Tasks on the Same Line Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
M Preventive Maintenance Spreadsheet in Excel Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
1 KPI Dashboard Template in Excel Format wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
Ajit Basrur MS Excel to study Correlation between Humidity & Differential Pressure Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
D Gage Calibration Tracking in MS Excel Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 9
T Where can I get a PPAP workbook in Excel .xls with links? APQP and PPAP 1
L Excel Template for Cgk Study wanted (Capability Gauges Study) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
V Looking for advice on Pooled Standard Deviation between Minitab and MS Excel Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
P Recommendations on SPC Software or Excel SPC add-in(s) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6
T Calculating LCL, UCL, Cp, and Cpk in an Excel Spreadsheet Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
R Is there any Excel .xls Spreadsheet available for DOE with 3 factors? Six Sigma 1
kedarg6500 Excel spreadsheet for Unilateral Tolerance Study wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
kedarg6500 Excel Spreadsheet for AIAG Example wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
M Excel Leadtime Analysis Graphic Tool with Macros Enabled Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0