Excel Conditional Format Issue

T

Tara Monson

Hey gang,

Totally not quality related but I'm struggling here and about to throw my computer out the window. :)

I have attached a spreadsheet that I am using to track our calibration dates. I had it set up so COLUMN E would change to RED if the due date was today or passed due. It would turn YELLOW if due within THIRTY DAYS.

This has worked fine for 2 years. Now I went to add a third conditional formatting rule, to turn ORANGE at 60 days out....and it blew my spreadsheet to pieces.

I can't go back to fix it to the original way. Everytime I save the original rules, all the cells in column E turn RED!

HELP!!!

Attachments

• Master Verification Log.xls
    156 KB · Views: 218

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Excel Conditioning Format Issue

You have the file password protected, so there is no way to see what your conditional formats are . . .

I

iamtroll

Steve, do a file save as and rename the file then you will be able to edit it.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator

Tara

Try this...you can update the colors and shading

Hey gang,

Totally not quality related but I'm struggling here and about to throw my computer out the window. :)

I have attached a spreadsheet that I am using to track our calibration dates. I had it set up so COLUMN E would change to RED if the due date was today or passed due. It would turn YELLOW if due within THIRTY DAYS.

This has worked fine for 2 years. Now I went to add a third conditional formatting rule, to turn ORANGE at 60 days out....and it blew my spreadsheet to pieces.

I can't go back to fix it to the original way. Everytime I save the original rules, all the cells in column E turn RED!

HELP!!!

Attachments

• Copy of Master Verification Log.xls
    149.5 KB · Views: 196
T

Tara Monson

I apologize for it being p/word protected. I didn't realize...

Steven - that seemed to have worked but now I can't edit the font in those cells under conditional formatting?

Any thoughts as to why that is?

I am still dumbfounded as to why the entire column changed.

Blerg.

T

Tara Monson

I think i got it!

Man alive, you saved me from an outburst!

Thank you so much, Steven!

Cheers!

David-D

Involved In Discussions

I can't see your spreadsheet right now but the order you list the conditions and whether you tell excel to stop (a check box) after an individual condition is met are often things that trip me up in that situation. Earlier cpndotional formatting tends to get overwritten by later formatting.

David

reynald

Quite Involved in Discussions

I can't see your spreadsheet right now but the order you list the conditions and whether you tell excel to stop (a check box) after an individual condition is met are often things that trip me up in that situation. Earlier cpndotional formatting tends to get overwritten by later formatting.

David

True,
And Tara can use the "Stop if True" condition. Arrange the conditions as follows
<60 (stop if true)
<30 (stop if true)
<0 (stop if true)

T

Tara Monson

I have attached an unlocked version. I got this work with another method Steven posted, but I'd still like to figure out why my older method just stopped working.

Please see attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Master Verification Log-elsmar.xls
    148.5 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom