Excel .xls SPC Control chart - Corrective action notes

C

cs168

Hi,
Currently I am plotting the control chart manualy, thinking of changing the platting into excel format which I found quite a nos of good chart posted here. My question is how can I record my correction action if there is out of control limit in the chart? All help & advise are welcome.tks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J
Comment Function

One way would be to use the comment function.
Right click on a cell and select comment form the drop down menu. Then enter your comment.

James

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
JRKH said:
One way would be to use the comment function.
Right click on a cell and select comment form the drom down menu. Then enter your comment.

James
This is a good suggestion. I have seen it used and I llike it.

C

cs168

Tks for the fast response, The problem is I am using autoupdate on the excel chart with web query, the chart will refresh every 5 min, whenever there is new data update into database, the chart will show only the last 25 data in chart. So by adding the comment in the cell will not work for me, I do display the control chart in excel format, user have no access to click on chart. Anothers issue is without filling in the corrective action on out of control limit point, user will not allow to continue production or update the chart. Hope this make it more clear on what I am looking for. tks a lot.

Tim Folkerts

Trusted Information Resource
It sounds like you what to comment directly in the chart so that others can see - is this correct? Are you looking for a way to have Excel automatically flag out-ot-control points? Or perhaps to annotate the graph with a little message like "settings adjusted here because process was drifting toward upper control limit". Or do you just want a record of the corrective action within the spreadsheet that you as QE can edit and see?

I think any of these could be done, but it would be helpful to know just what you want and how you want it displayed.

Tim F

C

cs168

Tim Folkerts said:
It sounds like you what to comment directly in the chart so that others can see - is this correct? Are you looking for a way to have Excel automatically flag out-ot-control points? Or perhaps to annotate the graph with a little message like "settings adjusted here because process was drifting toward upper control limit". Or do you just want a record of the corrective action within the spreadsheet that you as QE can edit and see?

I think any of these could be done, but it would be helpful to know just what you want and how you want it displayed.

Tim F
Hi Tim,
Yes when there is a point out of limit the message will only come out when the engineer have fill in the corrective action spreadsheet. The problem is my point will keep on changing, for example point 25 out of limit, I do fill up the corrective action (No idea yet on how to do this), data 26 come in data 25 become point 24 & so on it will kick off from the chart. When an auditor look at the current chart there is no out of limit but the corrective action having an record of out of limit, is it ok? I am not sure and have no idea on how to monitor and record on the out of control limit. Any sample or recommendation are welcome.tks

A

adamsjm

Control charts can be updated automatically by using moving ranges in the data section of your spreadsheet. You can write truth tables in adjacent columns (or rows) to identify “out-of-control” points (such as 2 out of 3 consecutive points outside the 2 sigma, 2σ – not 2s, limits. These can then combined to identify any point “out-of-control”. Place the non-conformance comment in the same row (or columns). You can then use Rob Bovey’s XY Chart Labeler to add the comments to the graph and have them move with your moving range data.

Ref. John Walkenbach web site for moving range charts, Rob Bovey’s Application Professionals web site for the XY Chart Labeler, and Jon Peltier’s Peltier Technical Services web site for other charting techniques.

Joe Adams

A

Atul Khandekar

... Ref. John Walkenbach web site for moving range charts, Rob Bovey’s Application Professionals web site for the XY Chart Labeler, and Jon Peltier’s Peltier Technical Services web site for other charting techniques.
Joe Adams
Thanks Joe.
Would these be:

John Walkenbach web site for moving range charts: Excel VBA Programming for Dummies

Rob Bovey’s Application Professionals web site for the XY Chart Labeler:
XY Chart Labeler is a free utility.

Jon Peltier’s Peltier Technical Services web site for other charting techniques

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H SPC p Chart form in .xls Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
V SPC XL 2000 add-in for Excel.xls - Password Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
D SPC Chart pro forma - Seeking word .doc or excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 17
T Gage R&R Excel .xls form and SPC Xbar and R template (lost it.. ) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
J Seeking: Simple Excel .xls SPC spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 15
D How to build an SPC control chart in an Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
Ed Panek Validating Excel (XLS) formulas 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
T Where can I get a PPAP workbook in Excel .xls with links? APQP and PPAP 1
R Is there any Excel .xls Spreadsheet available for DOE with 3 factors? Six Sigma 1
A Simple 125 piece part Capabilty Excel .xls sheet to calculate Cpk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
Z Excel Calibration Database .xls file Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 45
L Good Excel .xls sheet for Gage R&R that calculates both Anova and Range Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
D Excel .xls Template for Document Control Master Register Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Template in excel (xls) on Attrition for daily manpower reporting Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
kedarg6500 Process Capability for Attribute Data - Excel .xls spreadsheet wanted Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
A Excellent Reference for MS Excel .xls files Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
F ASTM F104 Callout Interpretation - .xls Excel Spreadsheet Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Q FMEA 4th Edition Blank P and D FMEA sheets in Excel .xls spreadsheets FMEA and Control Plans 42
J ISO 9001 Audit Checklist Excel .xls Template Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 15
A Alternative Selection Excel .xls Template - ISO 9001 and CMMI (DAR Process Area) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
U Excel .xls spreadsheet for Line Balancing (Time and Motion Study) needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
C Excel .xls Log for Records Instead of Paper Forms Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
T Creating a Graph with 2 different Value axis in Excel .xls Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
Stijloor APQP Process Assessment Tool - Excel .xls Spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
J Attribute R&R Study for 10 Operators - .xls Excel form or advice wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
R ISO/TS 16949 Gap Analysis Excel .xls Worksheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 15
S Editable (MS Word/Excel) .doc .xls version of a Toyota A3 form Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 17
G Staff KPI (Key Performance Indicator) .xls Excel format Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
C Gage R&R Studies Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
A GR&R (Gage R&R) Calculation Excel .xls Spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
M Gage R&R Excel .xls Spreadsheet Problem Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
K Gage R & R - How to enter appraiser results into an Excel .xls spread sheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
J Minitab 14 vs. Excel .xls spreadsheet differences? MSA Manual 3rd Edition Using Minitab Software 4
Jen Kirley Managing and Reporting Audits with an Excel .xls spreadsheet General Auditing Discussions 56
Ron Rompen ASAP Utilities addon for Excel .xls Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
M Excel .xls Template for Attribute Gage R&R with ORDINAL Data needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 10
L Validation through Cgk Excel .xls file needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
J Product mix problem using excel .xls - Can anybody throw in some light? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
J Calculating PPM for a Supplier on a Specific Defect - Excel .xls Spreadsheet Wanted Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
J 5 Whys Template - Excel .xls Spreadsheet IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
G Tolerance Stacking of Mating Parts Model - Seeking Excel .xls Spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
R Basic TS 16949 Requirements in an Excel .xls Spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
A How do we calculate the control chart by using excel .xls spreadsheet? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
Jen Kirley Formatting an Excel .xls spreadsheet to alarm out-of-calibration status Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
K U chart and X & s chart - Seeking Excel .xls templates / forms Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
B Does anyone have a standard VDA 6.3 excel .xls template / form? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
A Action Plans Template - Anyone have a good template for an action plan in excel .xls? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
Crusader Customer Concerns Trend Database to Share .xls Excel file Customer Complaints 17
S Graphing a Defect Chart in Excel .xls using Attribute Data Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
J 5S Scored Audit form - 5S audit form .xls Excel file attached Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 74