Exclusions from clause 7.5 (Production and Service Provision)

epa611

Registered
Hi folks - some advice required :)

Just about to implement ISO9001 into our small comapny (6 folks), and was wondering if I could get away with any exclusion under clause 7.5.

We have invented and designed a spray suppression mudflap for commercial vehicles, and own the design and IP for it. We do no manufacture, instead sub-contracting it to a Chinese manufacturer.

I don't think I can get out of any of 7.5, but I'd be willing to be proved wrong:confused:

What's the perceived wisdom from the forum;)

Thanks... Paul

D

D.Scott

Hi folks - some advice required :)

Just about to implement ISO9001 into our small comapny (6 folks), and was wondering if I could get away with any exclusion under clause 7.5.

We have invented and designed a spray suppression mudflap for commercial vehicles, and own the design and IP for it. We do no manufacture, instead sub-contracting it to a Chinese manufacturer.

I don't think I can get out of any of 7.5, but I'd be willing to be proved wrong:confused:

What's the perceived wisdom from the forum;)

Thanks... Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the posting side of the Cove. There have been a number of lively posts on this subject lately. If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find a list of threads dealing with the subject. If you don't find what you are looking for, don't hesitate to ask specific questions.

Dave

V

vanputten

Hello Paul:

You outsource production and are still responsible. You cannot exclude 7.5. If you did, you would have a QMS with no product. You may have a very simplified product realization process and simple documentation, but your quality system still includes them. Those requirements still apply (Application 1.2).

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom