Informational Expanded Gage R&R Analysis using Minitab

Bill_jvrsshurricane

Starting to get Involved
Hello everyone. I am brand new to using quality tools such as Minitab. I can do some things in Excel but never used the data analysis tools. I have a lot to learn and am hoping someone can help me out with Minitab. I am trying to do an Expanded Gage R&R analysis. I chose expanded because it is an unbalanced sheet. When I click ok, I get the report shown below. It is also missing the r chart as well. I am aiming for a chart that was previously done but I don't know what was input into the fileds to create the charts in the file titled 1016test. Eventually, I will have to add more CMM's and operators, etc. as the R&R study progresses. But I don't know if my data is format correctly for Minitab, etc. I also don't know how to fully setup the dialog box. I greatly appreciate your help.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
You are using run order to designate your parts. In your analysis, this means that each part was only measured one time. Is this actually the case?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Your options are pretty limited then. You can create a Gage Run Chart. If you have a master measurement of the part, you could perform a Type 1 Study, which evaluates the repeatability and bias. You can use General Linear Model ANOVA to manually estimate the Repeatability and Reproducibility, but you will have to manually create all of the graphs and manually calculate metrics such as percent tolerance. You will not be able to evaluate the operator*part interaction or metrics such as ndc or percent study variation.

Bill_jvrsshurricane

Starting to get Involved
Ok thanks. This is tough learning this but will make a great learning exercise for me since this is the first time I have used this software. Thanks for your help. :)

ncwalker

Trusted Information Resource
I agree with Miner. If in your study you have just taken one part and measured it over and over, you have severely limited the knowledge you will gain from the study.

Imagine you are designing all weather tires. And you decide to test your new tire for traction on an asphalt road. You run a short course and take a few curves and call it a success. That's your study right now.

How does it perform on a wet road? A dirt road? A gravel road? Icy road?
Does the weight inside the car change things? How much?
Does the speed of the car change things? How much?

Of all these categories, which ones affect traction the most? Which factors affect traction so insignificantly they can be ignored?

That's a full study. More than one part, more than one operator, measured more than one time.

Bill_jvrsshurricane

Starting to get Involved
Ok got it. I will request that we test at least 3 parts. We initially measured only 1 part a total of 33 times by 3 different operators. They were then going to send me the part and do the same thing and then the part would go through another round by a 3rd party location.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K MINITAB 16 - Attribute gage study (Analytic method) and Gage R&R Study (Expanded) Using Minitab Software 2
M Informational US FDA – Expanded Access for Medical Devices - Investigational medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A Expanded GR&R Study questions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Difference between uncertainty and expanded uncertainty of measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Unit of Expanded Uncertainty in Percentage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
P Testing Zinc Coating on Expanded Metal Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
D Do I need to test "as built" for an expanded ISO Class 8 Clean Room ? Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
D Necessity of Expanded GR&R for Multiple Test Systems Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Does C = 0 have a expanded twist for problem vendors (suppliers)? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
W Expanded Uncertainty vs. Accuracy Requirement (including concept of guardbanding) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
S TUR (test uncertainty ratio) based on Standard or Expanded Measurement Uncertainty? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
K Gage R&R with more than 3 appraisers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
S Gage R&R on alloy Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
L Gage R&R studies for identical Devices - Need to confirm the requirement to perform them Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
G Stab Pin Size For Check Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Functional Gage for TOP applied at RFS Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
F No reproducibility Error in Gage R&R? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G Warning about Deltronic Gage Pins - The "Certification of Accuracy" document General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
Q Gage R&R for Instant Measurement Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D Do we need normal data for gage r&r studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Gage R&R Standard Deviations Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Informational Gage R&R: Swapping operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Gage R & R for large amount of inspections IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Ring Gage Thermal Expansion General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Gage R&R for test precision or uncertainty prediction? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Minor diameter of threaded ring gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Does Torque Gage Need Validation? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
J Ignoring a Failed Gage R&R and upcoming external audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
R Scaling a Gage R&R - 2 holding fixtures each with 10 nests Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B Gage R&R Acceptable (10-30%), deduct Total Variation from Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
apestate Inexpensive Gage Blocks for small aerospace startup shop General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
F Position tolerance check gage manufacturing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
S Interesting Discussion Threaded ring gage calibration and tendonitis in the elbows General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8