Expedited, fast-track Notified Body Technical File reviews

Sam Lazzara

Trusted Information Resource
Any experience with paying for expedited (fast-track, real-time, etc.) reviews offered by some Notified Bodies?

I see that BSI and TUV SUD appear to offer such expedited reviews. Any experience with them or other NBs?

BSI CE-Dedicated FastTrack
The CE-Dedicated FastTrack review service allows you to book your technical documentation review in advance. The service is conducted remotely with your BSI Product Expert, who uses the time allocated to your company to conduct a focused review of your technical documentation. This allows you to interact with your BSI expert, providing them information during the review. The CE-Dedicated FastTrack service improves the efficiency of the process, and provides predictability in your planning of the review.

BSI CE-Onsite FastTrack
The CE-Onsite FastTrack review service is conducted at your premises; a BSI Product Expert visits the facility for a period of time. CE-Onsite FastTrack reviews allow for dynamic communications and opportunities for immediate responses to questions raised by the reviewer. Planning a CE-Onsite FastTrack review in advance provides you with more predictability and the reassurance of knowing when your BSI Product Expert will be at your premises.

TUV SUD Info

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

SteveK

Forget about fast track - my experience with BSI (UK) basic TF audits (three days for two tf files), plus minder was absolute crap. Youngsters who knew it all (not1). Questioning 30 years of medical device experience to their none existence knowledge. Total sh*t heads.

SK

lewisking34

Starting to get Involved
I haven't dealt with any Fast Track services before, but FYI...

I know that due to the current backlog in audits, some NBs (inc. BSI) are only providing a Fast Track service at the moment. Who knows how long this restriction will last. But if you want a technical file assessed sooner rather than later it seems like its the only option (with BSI anyway).

pkost

I think fast track is just another term for "level of service you would expect" at a significant markup for the slow/non existent service level that is normally provided

I appreciate they have a high workload and pressures, but their processes don't help (which is somewhat ironic). Why can't I easily contact my assessor? Why document issues that then require my formal response when the answer is already in the documentation provided and could be easily resolved by then giving me a call?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ajit Basrur FDA Guidance Document - Expedited Programs for Serious Conditions ? Drugs & Biologics Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
M Required to keep records of all expedited freight? ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
O EMC - EFT (Electrical Fast Transients) on SIP couples erroneously with other cable CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C "Fast action" claim and MDR (Medical Device Regulations) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
C QC and Compliance for a fast growing company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
R What Documentation is done by QA in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
F Fast Track Registration in Costa Rica for Medical Devices registered in Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
K Fast Response Tracking Board (QSB+) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
Ajit Basrur Paul Walker of 'Fast and Furious' dead at 40 - RIP - Nov 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
N NCR and CAPA in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
S Scheduling Jobs through a fast paced Sheet Metal Job Shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
A Does anyone know of a WHO fast-track program for Medical Devices? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
N RS485 stand to meet the EFT (Electrical Fast Transients) test according to IEC 60601 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
N Fast Track for Medical Devices Registration in Mexico that are already CE Marked Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
S Fast growing small O&G Company QMS implementation - My path forward ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P Statistical Sampling of Packaging Material Testing? Fast Moving Consumer Goods Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
S Ribbon Thickness Gauge - Need fast response please Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Q Fast Response Boards - Questions and a Discussion Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
R GM (General Motors) QSB Fast Response Program Customer and Company Specific Requirements 12
S Fast Talking - People who talk fast Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
ScottK Soliciting recommendations for a fast turnaround calibration house - Mass Flow Meter Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Extremely fast TS 16949 implementation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
Sidney Vianna OASIS database - deadline for setting up an administrator is fast approaching AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Stijloor Chrysler's Campi (new purchasing boss) will move fast to buy global. World News 11
D Food Sampling Matrix for Microbial Testing (number per batch) for Fast Food Processor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
Marc How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 105
Sidney Vianna Crowdsourcing - Fast, Collaborative thinking After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
L Estimating process - Material "fast quote" - Current material prices on the web Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
Marc Super-fast DSL, unlimited phone service and 100 TV channels - $38 a month After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
L GM's new Fast Response process - Anyone with experiences to share? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 21
Sidney Vianna Fast gift Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
K Fast ISO13485:2003 Implementation - What would you do first? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 27
Marc Electric cars as fast as a Ferrari World News 1
M Where can I buy (purchase) copies of the ISO/TS 16949:2002 Standard fast? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
I Fast Runs - Four lots, one day each, every month - What chart to use? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Ajit Basrur Track audit findings on Excel tracker Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
R How to keep track of employee read-only training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
D What are the important things to keep track of in product audit checklist? Software Quality Assurance 3
Ed Panek Requirement to track and trend positive feedback from customers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
R How to keep track of all FDA rules and regulations for medical device companies 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Employee Training Matrix - Keeping track of employee training on various SOPs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Keeping track of the changing Medical Device Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Track Cpk trend Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S How to track and manage all uncertainty budgets - Database? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
L Creating a xlsx Customer Complaint file to track Complaints Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
O Creating a Tool to Track & Verify Mistake Proofing Devices Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Marc Retail stores plan elaborate ways to track you After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
S Does anyone use a FRACAS system to track lab equipment issues? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
M Developing a new Plating Vendor - What software to track certifications Software Quality Assurance 2