Experience with APIQR dual registration to ISO 9001/API Q1

G

gmac

Has anyone had any experience with APIQR dual registration to ISO 9001/API Q1,if so please give me a call,cos I am struggling with among other things Field Nonconformities

G

gmac

APIQR = American Petroleum Institute Quality Registrar.More detail is available at the API web site www.api.org. Basically they are offering dual accreditation to ISO and API Monogram Program (ISO9001/API Q1) with only one audit annually whereas normally you would require two (one per standard). Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Ah! Sorry I can't help personally - I haven't worked with APIQR.

Q

Qualiman

gmac:

I am not really an expert in API topics, but trying to give some help let me give you some opinion.

I have a client related to valves and is working in the monogram program that you mentioned. He has to comply with 2 main programs: API Spec. Q1 and API Spec 6D.

As far as I understand Q1 is a "selection" of ISO 9001, which includes 4.1,2,3,4,5,6,10,13,14 and finally 4.15, and probably those items are not fully followed as ISO 9001 establishes. They are using (at API) the 6th. edition of Q1.

The other spec (6D, is about the requirements to be fullfilled by any product using the "API monogram" and contains information about: types and class of valves, materials, Tests, identification, calibration, personnel qualification, records and storage/handling.

I'm trying to get the 6D standard to have the complete information.

I hope this information will give you some help.

QQQQQualiman

G

gmac

qualiman
if you are sourcing API 6D you may also want tolook at the API guide to spec Q1, I believe it is free from API, this clearly shows the correlation of Q1 to ISO 9000, Q1 includes all the elements of ISO plus a little bit more. We are presently looking at obtaining licences for API 8C/4F/6A/16A/16C & 16D, which all have thier own particular requirements as regards material/inspection etc.Thanks for your reply.

[This message has been edited by gmac (edited 02 March 2000).]

Q

Qualiman

gmac:

I became confused when I used the checklist taken from API website, which was used to change from 5th to 6th edition of Q1. That list just mentioned the points I listed in my last post. I will try to get the official Q1 spec. I'm sure you are right and it includes all ISO 9001 chapters and a little beat more.

Qualiman

G

gmac

If you contact API direct Phone 202-682-8064
and explain you are seeking registration they will send you a package which includes API Q1 and the guide, in our case there was no charge for this service, alternatively you can request a registratin quote via the API website

Confussed

Involved In Discussions
API Q1 has a lot more shalls, it seems ISO went soft then API went strong. The API Q1 checklist is not set up to the specification. They couldn't keep it simple. API is not that difficult to achieve these days no more than ISO. I find supplier audits find more than either ISO or API. They need to keep the cash flow going.

The 7th edition of API Q1 is good.

Top Bottom