Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Experiences as a female auditor / auditee

Randy

Super Moderator
Yup, from Vancouver to Trinidad to Dubai. That's the adventure.
I've turned down Trinidad-Tobago a couple time just like Jamaica & Bahamas, but Burmuda, that's a totally different story, and if I spend 1 more day I can be a citizen of Manitoba, Alberta, Ontario, or New Brunswick.:lol:

Tyranna

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

I am new to Elsmar and have to mention how impressed I am with the site. The amount of information provided here is greatly appreciated! Coming up in a few months I will be attending training to become ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certified. A relative has been doing ISO 9001 auditing for a bit of time now and has highly recommended I get into the same field. I have read a few articles stating that there are only a small number of female auditors out there and examples of REDACTED harassment (mainly from the auditors to female employees. But this had me thinking about the other spectrum of this. Harassment to the auditors. I was curious if there were any female ISO Auditors here (or any other type of auditors) that have come across this? If so, any suggestions you might have for a female going into this field.

:thanks:
I have been auditing since 1994 and have never been harassed. Maybe I don't recognize it, chose to ignore it, or just plain expected more of the people I was auditing. In any event, I have been treated well, with respect and as the professional I am.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello,

I am new to Elsmar and have to mention how impressed I am with the site. The amount of information provided here is greatly appreciated! Coming up in a few months I will be attending training to become ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certified. A relative has been doing ISO 9001 auditing for a bit of time now and has highly recommended I get into the same field. I have read a few articles stating that there are only a small number of female auditors out there and examples of REDACTED harassment (mainly from the auditors to female employees. But this had me thinking about the other spectrum of this. Harassment to the auditors. I was curious if there were any female ISO Auditors here (or any other type of auditors) that have come across this? If so, any suggestions you might have for a female going into this field.

:thanks:
Few rules to considered:
1. Never go out with the clients after the audit or during the audit for dinner - even in groups.
2. Keep the door open during the audit if it is you and the auditee (male or female).
3. Do not go with an agenda of trying to have "get the auditee"
4. I f it is not in the standard - you should not be writing it up as an NCR
5. Dress professional (Less Skin is better) - you will be treated the same way.
6. Watch your stories, (we all have them, your jokes and your greeting (to include huggin.
7. Respect their schedule and their time - do not overstay your visit longer than the 8 hrs.
8. Add value to the audit - this is done when you educate yourself in all concepts of Quality and numerous tools, programs and opportuities - do not consult.
9. Have fun!

Top Bottom