Expiration Date (use by date) on a product label

Steve_in_MT

Starting to get Involved
I recall hearing or reading that the MDR will be requiring the expiration date (use by date) on a product label to include the day of the month, using the format of yyyy-mm-dd. Is that correct, or can it continue to be just the year and the month?

I should mention that the date is on an entire batch of devices and not a single device that was manufactured on a specific day.

Last edited:

Ronen E

Problem Solver
an unambiguous indication of t the time limit for using or implanting the device safely, expressed at least in terms of year and month, where this is relevant;

A

Astarinc

Hello,
You can use dd/mm/yyyy or mm/yyyy for date. both are accurate. but label with mm/yyyy is more accurate than particular date.

Thanks

Steve_in_MT

Starting to get Involved
Thanks. Sounds like I was mistaken about having to include the day as well, so we'll continue with just the month and year.

dgrainger

Trusted Information Resource
Expiry date is mentioned as one of the core element in the UDI requirements Annex VI Part B.3:
3. the manner in which production of the device is controlled (expiry date or manufacturing date, lot number, serial number)​

I think format is to ISO 8601 - yyyymmdd

Top Bottom