Explaination of Launch Readiness & Contract Review and APQP

H

hkrishnan1983

Hi,

Can anyone explain in detail the following...

1. what is launch readiness?

when it is required?

why it is required?

In which phase it is coming in APQP? i guess 4th phase?

2. Pls tell me, what is contract review?

when it is required?

why it is required?

Thanks, Hari

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi,

Can anyone explain in detail the following...

1. what is launch readiness?

when it is required?

why it is required?

2. Pls tell me, what is contract review?

when it is required?

why it is required?

Thanks, Hari
As to first question , there are differences phases and their are usally linked with control plan as mentioned in ISO TS standard: prototype, pre-launch, production.
Launch readiness is related when you go on mass production.
As to the second question , it is linked with 7.2.2 clause of ISO 9001, it is a key step to confirm the requirements related to the product and shall be done before accepting the order.
In ISO TS there is an additional clause related to the manufacturing feasility, that is striclty connected to the contract review process.:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Definition Box Plot - Simple Explaination of what a Box Plot is Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
T Safety Audit Report example and explaination wanted Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
I AEC Q200 REV C, page 58 of 111, Appendix 2 - PPAP Table Explaination Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
N Internal Auditing Processes - Example or Explaination Internal Auditing 9
Q TS 16949 Clause 7.2.2.2 - Risk Analysis Requirements Explaination IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
leftoverture Pre-Launch vs Safe Launch IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
Felony Melony New Product Launch - Safe Launch Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
B GM GP-12 Exit Criteria - Additional Safe Launch Inspection - (Also see GM1927-28 ) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
J General Motors SSE Launch Algorithm - SCMS's Service Industry Specific Topics 0
B GM GP-12 Pre-Launch - They asking for a I chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
N Preparing a supplier readiness report (advanced launch report) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B How do you approach the "Safe Launch" Process APQP and PPAP 17
C VFA PVS 0-Series S-Series - During a launch of VW product. APQP and PPAP 3
AnaMariaVR2 Soyuz TMA-08M docks with ISS just six hours after launch World News 2
S Transfer of Product to Production - EPC/Safe Launch/GP12 and VDA 6.3 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
Marc Surprise! American ISPs to launch massive copyright spying scheme on July 12 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Ajit Basrur China to launch 100 rockets, 100 satellites by 2015 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
P Is Safe Launch Plan an ISO TS 16949 Requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
K Definition Launch an Order (Work Order or Project) - Design and Development - Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 2
Marc A NASA Failure Analysis of the April 28 2010 failed balloon launch World News 0
D Launch Change Request Form vs. Engineering Change Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M RoHs and Weee Requirements for a planned market launch in 2010 EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B New Japanese automotive launch (composite plastics molding) - Acceptable Cpk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 12
bio_subbu US FDA plans to launch new website US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
J The difference between Safe Launch and Pre-Launch? FMEA and Control Plans 4
J Which will be the differences between PFMEA and Pre-Launch PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 4
J Are the Pre-Launch Control Plan and Pre-Launch PFMEA obligatory? FMEA and Control Plans 3
P First Article Inspection - FAI for every new product launch AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A Validation Testing - How many unit should I test prior to launch? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Q Need some suggestions from Quality Experts - Production Launch Visit. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Anerol C Internal Auditing: New Product Launch Internal Auditing 11
CarolX PPM Reduction Action Plans - Goal of 10 PPM's at Production Launch IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T PPM Production Launch and Reduction Action Plan examples needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A Documentation required for launch of a non-sterile exempt class 1 medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q How Many Control Plans Needed? Prototype, Pre-launch and Production? FMEA and Control Plans 3
Q Streamlined APQP and The Flawless Launch Scorecard APQP and PPAP 2
E NASA Scrubs Tuesday Shuttle Launch - Forbes World News 0
P Indian Auto major Tata motors planning to launch 2200USD cars World News 3
M Product Launch Plan "Checklist" and Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Jim Wynne Shuttle Launch Delayed World News 0
D Single Minute Exchange of Die - Preparing to launch a SMED project Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
N College Project - Taking ideas from inception through to launch and achieved success Six Sigma 12
B Safe Launch Plan (SLP) - Seeking Example Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
H Launch Readiness Review - Ford's LRR Supplier Pack Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
V Pre-Launch Control Plan Contents - What should I include? FMEA and Control Plans 4
M Informational From RAPS – 27% Will be Compliant? Survey Highlights Lack of Readiness for EU MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medtech Europe – Open letter to the European Commission on the implementation and readiness status of the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational UK – Brexit operational readiness guidance for the health and care system in England Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
T MDSAP readiness - Selling clinical product IVDs into Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
R FDA Inspection (Audit) Readiness Procedure General Auditing Discussions 14