lrsiyer

Hello!!!

May I have some explanation to the note attached to 7.1(a) in AS 9100 Rev.C

Advance thanks
LRS Iyer

J

Jeff Frost

Irsiyer

Per 0.1 General in the Introduction section of the Standard you will find that the third paragraph of this section informs the user that "Information marked "NOTE" is for guidance in understanding or clarifying the associated requirement." The first note within the 7.1.a relates to guidance on what should be considered as you determine product quality objectives and requirements for the product as part of your organizations product realization process.

when you review this list keep in mind the following:

What are the regulatory requirements for quality systems in your country for the product that you will be producing?
What are the regulatory and statutory requirements for the product as related to the customer country of purchase?
what are the regulatory and statutory for your product?
what are the contractual requirements of your customer?

Hope this helps

Jeff

J

Joy

Note in 7.1 a (AS9100 Rev.C) gives a broad guide line to help us to understand about the product related quality objectives and requirement of product.By meeting the requirements of the product only does may not improve the product quality.Therefore,product specific quality objectives need to be considered.Quality objectives for products may be different.Please note the list is only to understand the concept and does not cover all products.
Basic idea is to cover these requirements in product realisation plan to meet requirements and quality objectives of product.
You will get more inputs from my friends.

V

V.SAI

Hello!!!

May I have some explanation to the note attached to 7.1(a) in AS 9100 Rev.C

Advance thanks
LRS Iyer
Mr.Iyer
can u pls tel me where u completed the online AS9100 lead auditor training....

L

lrsiyer

Thank you Mr. Jeff.
Further From Mr. Joy, is it required to have product specific quality objectives once you are meeting the customer and regualtory requirements pertaining to quality of the product? Is it that underlined in the note? Kindly clarify.

Thanking in advance,
LRS Iyer.

J

Joy

Very good question,specially in aerospace supply chain senario.If your position is at lower tiers in supply chain your products will be as per your customer requirements so setting quality objectives by you for your products may be a violation of requirements and a risk.
However,if you consider about aircraft or engine manufacturers,you would agree that they are continuously attempting to improve their products in terms of features,reliability,efficiency,safety--------------.
Once it is set as objective the requirements are transferred to suppliers in supply chain line.
Are you worried about this point for the audit?Many auditors have not noticed/overlook that there is a requirement of "quality objectives for product" in clause 5.4.1 too:) and the requirement of planning in 7.1 is to meet those.

Top Bottom