Exporting Ford's 'FMEA Plus' Files to Excel

C

chrissramey

From what I can see, there's only one program that will do what I need it to do. The FMEA pro program seemed to work okay, but I only had short time to test it out because of how crazy it's been around here. And now the demo had expired.

Are there any more programs that anyone knows about that will take an FMEA file (.fme) and convert it to an excel file (.xls)?

B

Big-3-Hand-Puppet

Import Ford's FMEAplus files into 3rd edition format?

Dawn,

I read your message re: updating existing fema's to the 3rd edition format, and it inspired me to explore the following...Can the software we've bought (fmea-pro) allow me to import Ford's FMEAplus files into an FMEA 3rd edition template, rather than just regular format?? After a little tweaking of the import template, and some assistance from their tech department, the answer is "yes".

I have imported 3 old FMEAplus files in FMEA-pro and they all appear in a 3rd edition format. Still testing the logistics, but everything is working fine so far. Still need to do some updating (with the new columns), but I've just saved hours of typing! Has anyone else heard of these guys?? http://www.fmeapro.com]

Word around here, is that they signed national reselling/marketing agreement with SAE?

Big-3-Hand-Puppet:bonk:

O

Obi-Wan

A couple comments to elements in this thread:
First- The thread began with the question of exporting FMEAplus files to Excel. Even Ford Motor Company (the originator of FMEAplus) explored this option and rejected it. As one respondent in this thread said "danger..." That was a factor in Ford's decision. Ford decided quite some time ago that they would NOT update FMEAplus again and would seek another solution. In the intervening time, they HAVE lost the code for FMEAplus. Regardless, they have finally begun the rollout of their replacement FMEA software which of course, imports the old FMEAplus files and is totally compliant with AIAG Third Edition. Note- it can also export to Excel, should you need to for any reason. Wat did they chose - Byteworx FMEA- Ford's worldwide choice for FMEA software. It is also being marketed by SAE. For information or a demo contact either Byteworx.com or SAE.org

Second: Major changes in the Third Edition were
A) the form (splitting the Detection and Prevention Controls)
B) the rating tables (especially Design and Process Occurrence and Process Detection)
C) the incorporation of the "Working Model" to drive Recommended Actions earlier in the FMEA development and to de-emphasize RPN.
D) Renewed emphasis on a team developing the FMEA
E) There are also definition changes - mostly more subtle.

Third: The external auditors are just catching up with the Third Edition from my experience.

Fourth: RPNs WILL tend to go up in PFMEAs using the new tables. For any group with RPN thresholds or bogeys, (a dangerous strategy) this will be unpalatable. Thus in the Third edition there are several places where there is a mention that the priority for action is:
Severity
Severity*Occurrence
then on RPN

Top Bottom