External Auditing

T

tomjess

I am going overseas to do a external audit on one of our major suppliers.

Can anyone give me any info on doing an exteral audit, any web pages to look at or any thing to download.

Thanks in advance

Randy

Super Moderator
Not meaning to be rude, but why are you being sent to another country to perform an audit if you don't know how? Not having experience and training as an auditor kind of falls short of having a valid audit conducted and value coming out of it. Of course if you're an experienced internal auditor the question changes to..Why are you being asked to conduct an external audit if you don't know how?

This post will probably help trash NZ and USA relations some.

Last edited:
T

tomjess

for you info

I have been trained in internal auditing in the UK, South Africa an in New Zealand.

Doing external auditing is new to me.

I can audit and do it very well, so everyone says. All I am saying is if I go to company to do an audit what do I do? Do I audit them to the manual or audit them to their process?

Thanks

T

tomjess

I do know....

i just want to add to those who seem to think I am doing this blind.

I was employed by a company to get ISO 9001:2000, I wrote the manual and in June of this year we got IT!!! So I do seem to know I am doing.

Cheers

Randy

Super Moderator
Apparently somewhere the terms "audit objective", "audit criteria" and "audit scope" weren't included in your previous training.

What is the purpose of the audit?
How broad is the audit to be?
What is the auditee going to be audited against?

Answer those questions and you will obtain the answer to yours.

"Think about the audit process and its ultimate goal, then do that which will make that goal a reality."
Randy Daily

T

tomjess

Where is everyone?

I thought I might play around to see what response I might get.

Yes, I can audit.

I wanted to test you all to see if this forum is really real and was pretty disapointed to find out that it was pretty well a flop. I thought there may be guys out there who would really shot me doen and guess what there was a couple of guys, I salute you guys

Cheers

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Where is everyone?

tomjess said:

I thought I might play around to see what response I might get.

Yes, I can audit.

I wanted to test you all to see if this forum is really real and was pretty disapointed to find out that it was pretty well a flop. I thought there may be guys out there who would really shot me doen and guess what there was a couple of guys, I salute you guys

Cheers

Hey, tomjess

since ya'll seem to have so much time on your hands, come on down and I'll teach you how to audit. I could use a dedicated auditor type person, of course, you won't get paid, but it'd look great on your resume.

maybe you didn't get a lot of answers on this one because it is external auditing, we have some great folks here at the cove that do that sort of thing. (masochists) but a lot of us are just plain ol' company stiffs trying to hold our heads above the internal floodwaters. sorry you were disappointed, but what the hey, you can't please everybody:rolleyes:

A

Angela-2007

Wow, somehow I stumbled upon this. I have to agree with Randy. There are some very intelligent people in the forum. I've been utilizing the forum for a couple of weeks and have found it very informative. Don't kill relations here. Watch those that you step on you may need them tomorrow.

Top Bottom