FAA Advisory Circular (AC) Requirements (FAA AC 00-56) - Internal Audits

wbrand

Starting to get Involved
Hi Everyone,

How can I address the below question?

"Is an internal audit of FAA Circular requirements part of your assessment plan?"

Looks like our procedure for Internal Audits doesn't reference FAA AC 00-56. Is just adding it to the procedure sufficient so we can audit in our next surveillance? :thanx:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
That is the requirement from the FAA AC concerning your internal audits:

(14) A process for monitoring the effectiveness of the distributor’s quality system. This process should include a self-evaluation program that:
 Identifies distributor personnel responsible for self-evaluations;
 Specifies the frequency of audits;
 Identifies the applicable quality system standard;
 Defines adequate records the distributor must create to document the audit; and

 Describes a process for addressing corrective actions.
You must consider the requirements of the Circular as part of the input criteria in your internal audits and have records demonstrating they were assessed.

wbrand

Starting to get Involved
Hi There,

So being that our QMS is based on AS9120B (of which is an acceptable quality system standard by the FAA AC) can my internal audits results be used as the same record to show conformity to the FAA AC requirements? Or does a separate checklist need to be created? Thank you again for your reply.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
can my internal audits results be used as the same record to show conformity to the FAA AC requirements? Or does a separate checklist need to be created?
If you ask these questions to 10 auditors, you will get 12 different answers.

Let me ask you a question: In your AS9120 compliant system, do you have a process for product recall? Have you exercised it?

wbrand

Starting to get Involved
Hi There,

In our AS9120 compliant system we do have a process for product recall. Its P-870-A, Sec 5.6, it describes protocols. See below.

"5.6 - If nonconforming product is detected after delivery or use, Quality Assurance contacts the customer, takes appropriate remedial action and initiates a corrective action request".

That being said, in the last year we have not had to do a recall on any parts we have sold to our customers. So no, we have not exercised it yet. Thank you.

We are going to add it to the Management Review agenda and will be part of our internal audit.

Thank you.

Top Bottom