Facility Expansion and ISO 14001

Hello,
Our site will be undergoing an expansion lasting a little over 12 months. I was wondering if there would be any specific requirements that I would need to follow for ISO 14001 (we are already certified).

Would I have to add all the construction EPA/local regulations into our compliance register? Document the impacts of said construction and identify the risks? I am not really sure how much we need to document/analyze for this temporary aspect.

Appreciate any help in advance!
-Justin

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello,
Our site will be undergoing an expansion lasting a little over 12 months. I was wondering if there would be any specific requirements that I would need to follow for ISO 14001 (we are already certified).

Would I have to add all the construction EPA/local regulations into our compliance register? Document the impacts of said construction and identify the risks? I am not really sure how much we need to document/analyze for this temporary aspect.

Appreciate any help in advance!
-Justin
Justin,

Re-run your environmental impact assessment as part of the planning of this expansion to determine the significant aspects.

Then make sure you and your contractors have the necessary controls in place to eliminate, reduce or limit their impact.

In my experience a regulated aspect is always significant.

Repeat after the expansion is up and running.

Your environmental impact or planning procedure should already require this.

Best wishes,

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Just hired as lean leader for new facility expansion of existing facility w/ batchi Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
gunnyshore Adding a new facility - do I need to submit an amendment to the MDL or MDEL, or both? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
N Looking for Gamma sterilization facility in China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Starting an ISO 41001:2018 Facility management system Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M How do you Audit an Distribution Facility according to MAQMSR IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S FDA Registration food facility - We operate under CGMP guidelines US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
D Scope of Facility - Our auditor asked us last week for our "Scope of the Facility" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
Y Performing product audits in a manufacturing facility Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
M Informational FDA Preps for Device Shortages as Another Sterilization Facility Will Close Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B ISO 13485 Transferring a product from manufacturing facility 1 to manufacturing facility 2 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
supadrai Aviation MRO Project facility coming to U-Tapao airport in Thailand - Help Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Edward Reesor Design owner: The line between inventor and manufacturing facility Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
A Machine Relocation within Facility - Is re-validation required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
C Documenting Cleaning Production Lines in Medical Device Pkg facility ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C Documenting Cleaning Production Lines in Medical Device Pkg facility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
C Documenting Cleaning Production Lines in Medical Device Pkg facility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
shrutisancheti Upgrading medical device at healthcare establishments (user facility) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Sidney Vianna ISO 41001:2018 - System Standard for Facility Management Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
A Medical Device manufacturing Facility Test audit IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
optomist1 Military Test Facility Certification Requirements Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
Jane's Should the facility landlord be an approved supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
P Secondary packaging operations in medical device facility Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Change of Sterilization Vendors / Facility US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Plant within a Plant - Does anyone currently manage their facility this way? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
B ISO 9001:2015 8.4 External Providers - If work is transferred to a separate facility ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M IATF 16949 - 7.1.3.1 Plant, Facility, and Equipment Planning - Interpretation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
6 Craft Beer StartUp Facility Design Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
I NADCAP In Manufacturing Facility with Small Laboratory - Measurement & Inspection AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
F Setting up a new sterilization unit in a new facility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
V Site Master File for multiple business units within same premises/facility Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
S Does a Research facility require DEA registration ? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
L Quality Plan to decommission a Medical Device Facility Decommissioning and Transfer Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
T Subletting space in a facility and certifications Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
C Service and maintenance in an initial importer facility USA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
J MR Testing Facility recommendations in US, Germany, or Asia US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
J Looking for Testing facility to do testing of x ray sensors for us US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
quality1 Can a non AS9100 facility build a Aerospace product? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M TS16949 Design Exclusion when Design is done in a different Facility ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H FDA/PMA/Medical Device/Before submission/Manufacturing facility change US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S FDA facility Registration Imported Legacy Blogs 2
M Building Production / Manufacturing Facility for Class 2 Medical Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Temporary Facility Used For Production - Use of existing Third Party Logos ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Marc Pipe Break At Coal Facility Contaminates West Virginia Waterway Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 0
T Is Testing in a Third Party Facility Subcontracting? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Auto Parts Warehousing Facility ISO 14001 Significant Aspects ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 23
L Warning Letter adressed to owner/operator or facility? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
D AS9100 - Who Determines What This Applies To In My Facility? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Question on Device Listing for a FDA registered facility US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
S FDA Facility Establishment Identifier (FEI) question US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
M A traditional 510K or Special 510K - Manufacturing facility and other changes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 16