Facility Expansion and ISO 14001

J

Jus25co

Hello,
Our site will be undergoing an expansion lasting a little over 12 months. I was wondering if there would be any specific requirements that I would need to follow for ISO 14001 (we are already certified).

Would I have to add all the construction EPA/local regulations into our compliance register? Document the impacts of said construction and identify the risks? I am not really sure how much we need to document/analyze for this temporary aspect.

Appreciate any help in advance!
-Justin

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello,
Our site will be undergoing an expansion lasting a little over 12 months. I was wondering if there would be any specific requirements that I would need to follow for ISO 14001 (we are already certified).

Would I have to add all the construction EPA/local regulations into our compliance register? Document the impacts of said construction and identify the risks? I am not really sure how much we need to document/analyze for this temporary aspect.

Appreciate any help in advance!
-Justin

Justin,

Re-run your environmental impact assessment as part of the planning of this expansion to determine the significant aspects.

Then make sure you and your contractors have the necessary controls in place to eliminate, reduce or limit their impact.

In my experience a regulated aspect is always significant.

Repeat after the expansion is up and running.

Your environmental impact or planning procedure should already require this.

Best wishes,

John

Top Bottom