Fact or fiction - Repeat minor becomes a major IATF non-conformance

Cindi

Registered
Fact or fiction: A repeat minor becomes a major non-conformance AND it automatically initiates the decertification process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindi

Registered
no auditor test; just what our organization has been told by past auditors. Thanks for the response!

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
So under the rules (if they haven't been modified), you get a minor. You then must do a corrective action. The auditor verifies the effectiveness of the corrective action on the next audit. If a repeat is found, then yes a major is issued against your corrective action system, as it is deemed not effective because your corrective action allowed the repeat. Which, IMHO, is complete BS -- sometimes things don't work. I haven't heard that de-certification starts, but you must deal with the "major" in a timely basis.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
This is the truth
The auditors are correct

no auditor test; just what our organization has been told by past auditors. Thanks for the response!

From the the rules

Every NC in any audit starts the decertification process

8.1 Initiation of the decertification process
The start date of the decertification process shall be the date of any of the following:

c} the closing meeting date of a surveillance or recertification audit containing nonconformities {see section 5.10};

and
The certification body shall verify the effective implementation of the identified corrective actions at the next audit {see section 5-2}. In cases where the accepted corrective action plan is found to be not effectively implemented, a new major nonconformity shall be issued against the corrective action process {see IATF 16949, section 10.2} and the previous minor nonconformity reissued as a major nonconformity-

Cindi

Registered
I see 8.1c) and the first sentence of reference to 5.11.3 but, I don't see the second part where "corrective action plan is found t be not effectively implemented, a new major nonconformity shall be issued against the corrective action process" verbatim. (using Rules 5th) Is this a CB rule, not necessarily a Rules 5th clause?

Top Bottom