Factory Acceptance Test Report example wanted

Q

Quality Lady

Dear fellow quality professionals,

I am looking for your help with Factory Acceptance Test report. This is the first time a customer requested this form from us and we don't have any experience with it. Could anyone kindly suggest where I could look up a sample FAT form. Thank you very much in advance for any help!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
What acceptance testing do you do? What is your product?

Acceptance tests are specific to the product being manufactured, so I'm not sure if there is a template you could use.

Q

Quality Lady

Hi Marc, thank you for the response. we make pulleys and here are sample tests that are done to the product.

a. Dimensional Checks
b. Bearing grease fill 100%
c. Balance check
d. Material review
e. NDT testing review

Marc

Leader
I would just send them a copy of each of the above checks for which you have a written or electronic record (I assume all).

Are all the checks recorded on one sheet of paper or do you use a separate piece of paper for each individual check? Or - Are the checks recorded electronically?

However you document them in-house, send them a copy.

You can make up a separate document, but of course that would be adding something new for employees to do which I wouldn't think would be necessary.

I have attached an example acceptance test report, but it is a complex one. I suggest you make your acceptance test report as simple as possible.

You might also want to give this a quick read: Wikipedia reference-linkAcceptance_testing

Attachments

• Acceptance Test Template example.doc
    205 KB · Views: 1,160
Q

Quality Lady

Good morning Marc,

Thanks alot again for your help. Not all of our checks are recorded on the same document. Most have their own reports, some tests are outsourced and reports for those are provided by our suppliers. Usually we put together all the inspection sign offs and test reports in a nice package and send them out with Material Certs, etc upon the completion of the project. That's why I was not sure how FAT report would add value to this already existing process. But I will definitely look through the document you so kindly provided and see how I can simplify it and make it useful to our customer's purpose.

sincerely, Natella

Marc

Leader
You might want to talk to your customer and ask what their *exact* expectations are and go from there.

Q

Quality Lady

where we left is - we will put togeter for them a draft FAT with all the tests done and go from there.

Top Bottom