FAI Due Date Calculator

NDesouza

Involved In Discussions
Hello All,
I m working with a couple of suppliers who are not great at knowing when they need to submit a new FAI after one has expired. As a result they keep getting SCARs I am looking for an Excel tool that will alert them or show them when they have a FAI due. Kind of like a calibration schedule tool. If anyone has such a tool or something similar or even a better idea, please let me know.

thanks for your help,
Nicole

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Not sure what you mean by "expired". Are you are simply going by the 2-year lapse in production requirement as your definition of an FAI being "expired" ? (AS9102 4.6.f.6)

In many cases it will be difficult for you to know when many of the other criteria that should trigger a new full or partial FAI occur.

NDesouza

Involved In Discussions
Not sure what you mean by "expired". Are you are simply going by the 2-year lapse in production requirement as your definition of an FAI being "expired" ? (AS9102 4.6.f.6)

In many cases it will be difficult for you to know when many of the other criteria that should trigger a new full or partial FAI occur.
Hi Mike,
Yes I am talking about the 2 year lapse in production. I am mostly looking for ways to keep my supplier on top of the knowing when a new full or partial FAI should be due. They have been getting SCARs for this and it is pretty difficult to help them come up with a way to fix it.

Tim_Caudill

Registered
I have a similar question, I am making a task sheet in excel. I have a field for "scheduled" and completed. I want the cell to show days out by using =F2-TODAY(), However, I want the cell to stay blank until I enter the scheduled date? Any help?

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I have a similar question, I am making a task sheet in excel. I have a field for "scheduled" and completed. I want the cell to show days out by using =F2-TODAY(), However, I want the cell to stay blank until I enter the scheduled date? Any help?

A simply IF statement will do that [=IF(F2="","",F2-TODAY())]. You could get fancier with a nested IF statement to not display when you enter a completed date, or use conditional formatting to go red if it is late.

Top Bottom