Failed Re-Certifications - 9th Cycle Survey posted on the ISO website

A

Alf Gulford

In the 9th Cycle Survey posted on the ISO website it shows that, of the 643 failed re-certification audits for organizations (presumably since 1987), 353 or 55% occurred in Spain.

When I do presentations on ISO/FDA/MDD I want to make sure everyone understands what happens if we're really naughty, but these numbers have me stumped. Anybody have any idea what happened there?

And, not to keep kicking a dead horse, but is there any word on how the Firestone debacle might affect their registration?

Alf

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I have no idea about the Spanish numbers.

I think I heard the Dec ASQC magazine has something on the Firestone isse as it relates their registrar. Haven't seen or read it yet.

A

Alf Gulford

Thanks, Marc.

I just got the Quality Progress you mentioned and it's got a ton of articles on the Firestone/Ford/Bridgestone issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Alf

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Transformation of Data Normality Failed Using Minitab Software 11
C TL-9000 Certifying Body Issue - Auditor failed to find an issue for 10 years TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 16
J Ignoring a Failed Gage R&R and upcoming external audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
A Failed the AS9120B Exam Twice.....Need Help AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
S FDA electronic submission gateway (ESG): FAILED eMDR Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Q How to manage with customer % failed product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Will A Few Failed Solder Joints Make Me RoHS Non Compliant? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
R Registrars offering to perform Second Party Audits - Have they failed their role? Registrars and Notified Bodies 105
N Final Inspection Retesting for Failed Batches Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
S Statistics and Sampling - Accounting for Failed Tests Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
D Failed 350-018 exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
G Gage Recall Analysis - Threaded Plug Gage has failed Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
P Is it necessary to perform Root Cause Analysis for each failed part? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 16
S ISO/TS 16949 In Doldrums - Just failed disappointingly in the ISO9001 System Audit General Auditing Discussions 7
Q Micrometers to Measure Coating Thickness - Failed Calibration Flatness & Parallelism General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
I I failed my CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
S Heating Test Failed - Capacitor in secondary exceed its rated temperature IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
Marc A NASA Failure Analysis of the April 28 2010 failed balloon launch World News 0
Moncia Traceability System to trace Failed Product for Corrective Action ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
Marc Saturn: Why one of Detroit?s brightest hopes failed World News 4
R My C=0 sampling failed to detect parts are out of round Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
S Supplier Development Process failed - Question regarding sub-suppiler audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Canadian Medical Device License Requirements - What if we failed to meet it? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Readiness Review Failed - Stage one audit for TS16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Marc Has an Implementation by a Consultant EVER Failed? Consultants and Consulting 62
E Jumpstarting a Failed System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
M About companies that have failed a surveillance audit Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
A Employee Support after Failed Promotion - Feelings of rejection, disillusionment, etc Career and Occupation Discussions 1
P Thread plug gauge failed calibration - Must I remeasure everything measured with it? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 23
S Failed Calibration - Plain Plug Gages - They grow! General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 24
Nicole Desouza Plastic Extrusion of Medical Device Components - No ISO or AS 9100 Certifications Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 7
Q Choosing between ISO 9001 (2015) & TL 9000 certifications ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Holding Dual Certifications - for AS9100 and AS9110 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
J Order and Need for Professional Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 20
A Training as well as certifications for ISO 13485:2016, 21 CFR 820... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
J NADCAP - Supplier Special Processes Certifications Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Best approach to tackle difficult certifications Career and Occupation Discussions 2
P What certifications to take CQA? Software Programmer Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L IATF 16949: Adding a Remote Location between certifications IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
P Multiple Certifications - Is there an order of precedence? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
J ISO 17025, Laboratory Scope and Certifications Requests ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
A What Medical Device Risk Compliance Certifications do you recommend? Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
T Subletting space in a facility and certifications Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
N Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc. Career and Occupation Discussions 2
D Any experience with the SME/AME/Shingo/ASQ Lean BOK/Certifications? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
R Supplier Certifications RANT Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
C Battery Powered Beauty Products minimum Legal Certifications Requirements CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
M Understanding accreditation, MoUs, certifications Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 28
K Seeking NDT Training and Certifications Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M Trusting Gage Manufacturer Calibration Certifications General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3