Failed the AS9120B Exam Twice.....Need Help

A

Auditman64

Hi Gang....

Well, it looks like the AS9120B exam is just as much of a sh*t show as the AS9100D exam, in that: the questions/sentences are put together horribly and make no sense - the material provided doesn't fully explain some of the intent of the exam questions, and the review material provided by plexus contradicts most of what the standard says throughout the clauses.:mad:

I desperately have to get this exam under my belt, and I'm calling on all you AS9120 experts out there to point me in the right direction in terms of how best to approach yet another ridiculous AS exam, or at least inform me if there is a solid document or set of documents better to study from.

Any & all answers are welcome.....thanks...

Jack97116

Registered
Sounds to me like the critical issue here is the provider of the test. What can be done to switch to another test provider and report this company to the higher ups as intentionally misleading and have them start an audit of that test and company.

AndyN

Moved On
Sounds to me like the critical issue here is the provider of the test. What can be done to switch to another test provider and report this company to the higher ups as intentionally misleading and have them start an audit of that test and company.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that...

Randy

Super Moderator
Being the creator of exams that had to meet accreditation requirements I wasn't in awe of the accreditation organizations understanding many times of the basic audit process nor of the actual standard in question that had to be covered. In addition to the previous, the mandates for course content at times were not matched by requirements for test content...A disconnect so to speak. What's happening today in the business is beyond me, I ran away screaming a couple years back when the requirement for hands on experience of the instructor/author was practically eliminated so that almost anyone drawing breath could undertake the process. And as Andy said...Don't hold your breath!....Just my 2cents

AndyN

Moved On
Ha! Having also gone through the process, I recall being written up by the course evaluator for a) not having "sequentially numbered slides" and b) "too many Britishisms" in the materials (which was odd, since the developer was from NC).

Ah me...

Jack97116

Registered
I am thinking the authors of the testing want to ensure the examinee 1) understands the material and 2) knows what is wrong so they use critical thinking skills. To that end they use misleading questions and misdirection to discern our competence. I do think a lot of people go overboard trying this concept, some to the point of absurd.

AndyN

Moved On
I am thinking the authors of the testing want to ensure the examinee 1) understands the material and 2) knows what is wrong so they use critical thinking skills. To that end they use misleading questions and misdirection to discern our competence. I do think a lot of people go overboard trying this concept, some to the point of absurd.

You'd think they understood instructional design, but from what I've seen...

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Gang....

Well, it looks like the AS9120B exam is just as much of a sh*t show as the AS9100D exam, in that: the questions/sentences are put together horribly and make no sense - the material provided doesn't fully explain some of the intent of the exam questions, and the review material provided by plexus contradicts most of what the standard says throughout the clauses.:mad:

I desperately have to get this exam under my belt, and I'm calling on all you AS9120 experts out there to point me in the right direction in terms of how best to approach yet another ridiculous AS exam, or at least inform me if there is a solid document or set of documents better to study from.

Any & all answers are welcome.....thanks...
Send a PM - I could help you

Top Bottom