Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS) Programs

M

Massimo Tosi

Borgaretto 26.10.98

Hi, I'd like to know something, by detail, about FRACAS technology, and mainly reference handbooks. Thank you, best regards : Massimo Tosi

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I thought FRACAS was Failure Reporting. I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Please define FRACAS.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Strike me dead. After I answered earlier I remembered. It has been a while. Then Massimo wrote me. I remember it from my 'old' military manufacturing days.

No Massimo, it's OK to ask the question here but I'm not sure what you mean by FRACAS technology. Personally I can't help you with the hand book end, but all we're looking at on the technology side is electronic systems available (if I understand your question correctly). There are everything from databases on a LAN and/or WAN down and up. I can't name anything specific. I've written databases in FilemakerPro with 'late' bells and all that junk.

What are you trying to achieve? Are you looking at implementing an electronic system for tracking?

The automotive 8-D system is, by the way, the same in the automotive world - its the nonconformance-corrective system.

Now to be honest, I can't remember there being a specific FRACAS system, per say, but rather a collection of elements (identify nonconformance, segregate, report, etc., etc.) just like the automotive 8-D.

Can anyone else help here?

And Massimo - am I half answering your question or have I gone far astray from what you wanted to know?

Borgaretto 30.10.98

Yes, you are right.
FRACAS is an acronym for Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective
Action System. Peraphs it was not the correct place for asking that
question. Sorry. Regards :

Massimo TOSI

P

potdar

I cant help you with the handbooks. But I am enclosing the essence of the technique which I have taken out as an excel based format for basically the automotive industry.

The format can be used by any industry.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Top Bottom