Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

FAIR Requirement Flowdown to our PCB Supplier

QLearning

Starting to get Involved
Hi All, There was an old post regarding when and what to flow down to our sub-tier supplier. We are a mid-size AS9100 contract manufacturer. On one of our customer's PO, it states that "A first article inspection report will be conducted by supplier on the first time build. The FAIR should be in format meeting AS9102 requirements using Form 1 and Form 2." There is no statement that this requirement be flowed down to our PCB supplier. Are we required to ask our supplier to use the same Form 1 and 2 that we are to use???? Help! Thanks in advance.

N

natecsss

My understanding is that when you complete an FAIR they want a final inspection of the completed part. Unless your PCB is providing the completed part I don't believe that they would be required to do a FAIR on their parts.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi All, There was an old post regarding when and what to flow down to our sub-tier supplier. We are a mid-size AS9100 contract manufacturer. On one of our customer's PO, it states that "A first article inspection report will be conducted by supplier on the first time build. The FAIR should be in format meeting AS9102 requirements using Form 1 and Form 2." There is no statement that this requirement be flowed down to our PCB supplier. Are we required to ask our supplier to use the same Form 1 and 2 that we are to use???? Help! Thanks in advance.

From AS9102

4. APPLICABILITY

This Aerospace Standard applies to assemblies sub-assemblies, and detail parts including castings and forgings. This Standard applies to organizations that are responsible for producing the design characteristics of the product. The Organization shall flow down the requirements of this Standard to Suppliers who produce Design Characteristics.

so bottom line...

Yes, you need to account for the form fit and function of those characteristic in the AS9102 format. (if a suppliers provides such information in their documentation then transfer such information and provide a link to the original supplier.

QLearning

Starting to get Involved
Thanks Dsanabria, although I like the response from natecsss better :)

I will ask our PM to clarify the requirement with our customer.

Top Bottom