FAIR to AS9102 additional documentation

wayne.wilson7

Involved In Discussions
Hi All ,

I have I hope a very simple question regarding the amount of information attached to a FAIR.

My customers order states FAIR to AS9102.

We have completed all forms 1,2 and 3 all supplier C of C's are attached for sub contract processes and also for Raw material.

they now have rejected the FAIR as they want copies attached to it for the method of manufacture that has travelled with the component and it has to be signed and stamped.

I think they are looking more at a PPAP rather than a FAIR

What's the general thoughts on here?

Regards

Wayne :thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi All ,

I have I hope a very simple question regarding the amount of information attached to a FAIR.

We have completed all forms 1,2 and 3 all supplier C of C's are attached for sub contract processes and also for Raw material.

they now have rejected the FAIR as they want copies attached to it for the method of manufacture that has travelled with the component and it has to be signed and stamped.

Regards

In my experience FAIR is what the customer wants... some want more some want less. Some use "FAIR" in place "PPAP".

It's now my practice to ask for their procedure and forms up front and have discussions with their quality people before parts are even made.

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi All ,

Regards

They are probably looking for the router/traveler showing the steps and signatures. You should speak to your customer to confirm or clarify what they are looking for.

wayne.wilson7

Involved In Discussions
This is what they are asking for, I don't mind and we have to docs for it but the main question is I feel they are asking for more than just a standard FAIR

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is what they are asking for, I don't mind and we have to docs for it but the main question is I feel they are asking for more than just a standard FAIR
you could always use: "these documents are not sent off company property, customers are welcome to view them during an on-site visit or audit"

I would not share these without an NDA in place and I would not send copies off site unless it was agreed to in what passes for contract review.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi All ,

Regards

Future reference... During contract review, this always gets clarified and a fee is charged. So when they a FAIR per AS9102 - that is what they get.

If they ask for additional information, you go back and negotiate the fee and make it uncomfortable for them to accept.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C AS9102 FAIR Form 1 Content Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C Customer Documentation Errors when completing an AS9102 FAIR AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
W AS9102 Requirements - What information from the PO should be included in the FAIR? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
T AS9102 FAIR - Customer Drawing Revision Change AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C One sample piece from standard production? AS9102 FAIR questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
T What does an auditor review when auditing a AS9102 FAIR? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K AS9102 - Tolerance Block on Enginerering Drawings to Form 3 of AS 9102 FAIR AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
N AS9102 Internet Service for Producing FAIR's to AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S FAIR - If we have not produced a part in over 2 years, but nothing has changed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S New to FAIR, need help in filling it out AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
was named killer AS9100 FAIR - True Position hole out by .0011" on 50 parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
R AS9102B - Do I need a new FAIR? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G Change Of Location FAIR Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
Marc Fair Use - Brief excerpts of Copyrighted Material Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
I Delta FAIR due to a Drawing Change AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
F 2 Year Part Re-Validation and FAIR Costs (Aerospace Parts) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Q FAIR Requirement Flowdown to our PCB Supplier AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R Charge (Fair Prices) by a Consultant for a traditional 510k Review Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Mr.Happy FAIR Software Comparison II Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
W Is ITAR fair game for audit during AS9100 Registration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
H FAIR Software Comparison (Discus/Inspectionxpert/Visual FAIR) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 21
Wes Bucey Sometimes life just isn't fair! -"workplace drones" Career and Occupation Discussions 45
Q AS9100 and FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Wes Bucey SAE Virtual Job Fair - May 19, 2010 Career and Occupation Discussions 2
L 8.2.4.2 First Article Inspection - Does every new part that is run require a FAIR AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
Wes Bucey Is this a fair rate of pay for this job listing? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
L It is fair and legal to let a customer to make an assessment audit based on other cus IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J PCDMIS Fair Populating Software, Anyone Use It ?? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
J Auto Fair for 2008 Beijing World News 3
S Trainees backing out when it comes to delivery - fair to ask for commitment letter? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 38
9 Adding responsibilities and getting fair compensation Career and Occupation Discussions 20
A What should be filled in FAIR (aerospace engineering services)? Clause 8.2.4.2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) for Engineering Services Organisations needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
C Notice Received from Customer Regarding PPAP's & FAIR's APQP and PPAP 8
Howard Atkins Initial sample approval guidelines - PPAP, FAIR, etc. for medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M New to aerospace quality and would like advice about FAIR requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Wes Bucey ASQ Training - Tough competition? Is it fair competition? Consultants and Consulting 14
Joe Cruse Customer ISO 14001 Supplier Requirements - Fair or not? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
J Do your own standard - I felt it was only fair to submit my own Registered Visitor Articles Archive 3
J R&R standards - <10% is good, 10-20% is fair, 20-30% is poor Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Point Cloud Technology Validation - Point Cloud to CAD model comparisons for FAIR General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Partial FAI - AS9102 -One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M AS9102 FAI Report formats - Boxes in form 1, 2, 3 of AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P AS9102 Form 3 Dimension Results Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
B Documenting hardware on Form 2 of AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D AS9102 - Assembly FAI for Use As Is or Repaired Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
M Conformal Coating & AS9102 - Is conformal coating material a COTS part AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
B AS9102 COTS Form 1 vs. 2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
A AS9102 Delta FAI Require after Rework stock item from stock AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1