FAIR to AS9102 additional documentation

wayne.wilson7

Involved In Discussions
Hi All ,

I have I hope a very simple question regarding the amount of information attached to a FAIR.

My customers order states FAIR to AS9102.

We have completed all forms 1,2 and 3 all supplier C of C's are attached for sub contract processes and also for Raw material.

they now have rejected the FAIR as they want copies attached to it for the method of manufacture that has travelled with the component and it has to be signed and stamped.

I think they are looking more at a PPAP rather than a FAIR

What's the general thoughts on here?

Regards

Wayne :thanx:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi All ,

I have I hope a very simple question regarding the amount of information attached to a FAIR.

We have completed all forms 1,2 and 3 all supplier C of C's are attached for sub contract processes and also for Raw material.

they now have rejected the FAIR as they want copies attached to it for the method of manufacture that has travelled with the component and it has to be signed and stamped.

Regards

In my experience FAIR is what the customer wants... some want more some want less. Some use "FAIR" in place "PPAP".

It's now my practice to ask for their procedure and forms up front and have discussions with their quality people before parts are even made.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi All ,

Regards

They are probably looking for the router/traveler showing the steps and signatures. You should speak to your customer to confirm or clarify what they are looking for.

wayne.wilson7

Involved In Discussions
This is what they are asking for, I don't mind and we have to docs for it but the main question is I feel they are asking for more than just a standard FAIR

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
This is what they are asking for, I don't mind and we have to docs for it but the main question is I feel they are asking for more than just a standard FAIR

you could always use: "these documents are not sent off company property, customers are welcome to view them during an on-site visit or audit"

I would not share these without an NDA in place and I would not send copies off site unless it was agreed to in what passes for contract review.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi All ,

Regards

Future reference... During contract review, this always gets clarified and a fee is charged. So when they a FAIR per AS9102 - that is what they get.

If they ask for additional information, you go back and negotiate the fee and make it uncomfortable for them to accept.

Top Bottom