Fast ISO13485:2003 Implementation - What would you do first?

P

Pat McGhie

Katy, I am just about where you were.... Anything you can share on risk assessment???

We make plastic molded parts that are components of someone elses device. No design of the parts etc.. We have a contract and build to PO/Print

Pat McGhie

K

Katydid

Pat McGhie said:
Katy, I am just about where you were.... Anything you can share on risk assessment???

We make plastic molded parts that are components of someone elses device. No design of the parts etc.. We have a contract and build to PO/Print

Pat McGhie

Do what is best for your operation. The biggest key is to prove that you are addressing risks at THROUGHOUT your process. If you do not decide to create FMEA's or other typical methods of documentation, think of the logical places in your process that may pose risks: like taking orders for new products, making changes to drawings and processes, reworking parts, salvaging nonconforming materials, and other activities not listed here. If you can list the "activities" that may pose a risk to your product/process integrity, you can decide how you want to document/prove the risks have been identified, evaluated, and addressed. This may be a fairly simple record like adding a block to the appropriate forms for listing product risks, identifying actions to address the risks, and approval authority. Also, device masters tie into the equation. At first I tried to get everything together in one location, including records of risk assessments, until I realized it was easier in the procedure to simply list the items that make up a device master and their storage locations.

I had a document review by my Registrar prior to the audit. You may want to do it so that you know the documentation has been written in a manner that supports the requirements of your standard before you have to "prove" that you are doing it during the audit.

Good Luck!

By the way, WELCOME TO THE COVE! :bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
WOW Katy.......when you described what your company makes, it sounded like you and I work at the exact same place.....We make the exact same things your company does......As a matter of fact, several of our people take trips to Warsaw, In. to visit suppliers.......(Quality Polishing and Metal Finishing).........

We have our ISO:13485 registration audit later this year.........

ZeissUser

P

Pat McGhie

Katydid said:
Also, device masters tie into the equation. At first I tried to get everything together in one location, including records of risk assessments, until I realized it was easier in the procedure to simply list the items that make up a device master and their storage locations.

Katy, can you define/explain device master... we do not make any devices here... only components that are shipped to the device manufacturer

Thanks for the welcome... and the help!

Pat

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Katydid

Zeissuser said:
WOW Katy.......when you described what your company makes, it sounded like you and I work at the exact same place.....We make the exact same things your company does......As a matter of fact, several of our people take trips to Warsaw, In. to visit suppliers.......(Quality Polishing and Metal Finishing).........

We have our ISO:13485 registration audit later this year.........

ZeissUser

Warsaw loves to announce that it is the orthopaedic capital of the world! I would bet we share many of the same customers and suppliers. :topic: ZeissUser huh??? I do miss my Zeiss, we run Brown and Sharpe now with PCDMIS. It is fun to get out from under the paperwork sometimes and do some hands on programming. Best of luck with your registration audit!

:D

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Pat McGhie said:
Katy, can you define/explain device master... we do not make any devices here... only components that are shipped to the device manufacturer

Pat
All the documentation required to produce the device. Engineering drawings, Specifications, Inspection & Test procedures, etc. Although you don't produce a device, your parts are components of a device. You can find more of an explanation in chapter 8 of the FDA QSR Manual.

Attachments

• FDA qsr manual.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 771
K

Katydid

Pat McGhie said:

Pat

Al Rosen provided the best advice of all. Also, there are some good threads on device masters in this forum. Look on the top for the search button and search for device master. Here is one that may help:

http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=11018&highlight=device+master

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
Yeah, we use B&S w/ PCDMIS as well......I've programmed ZEISS CMMs for about 9 years and now I'm stuck with this B&S BS.....I miss my Zeiss as well.

Yeah, I'm sure we have the same customers and suppliers.....like I said in the earlier post, we make the exact same products you make........Does S&N sound familiar??????.......:bigwave:

ZeissUser

Top Bottom