Faulty PCBA - Our Testing Fails but Manufacturer's Testing Passes

theva

Involved In Discussions
Hi Covers,

I have an issue in my production assembly, whereby we encountered some PCBA failures such as no power, no function, PCBA component damage. This is captured on daily basis and it is more 2 boards above. I used to request the supplier to send the ICT/FCT test data history and it shows passed. We also send the boards to them and upon re-test, passed as well.
Can any PCBA expert advise me on this case, what shall I do next as path forward.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Faulty PCBA

How is the ICT/FCT test defined.
Are you certain that all the components get involved in the defined test. You may need to have more input points and several more output points defined perhaps.
Who developed the ICT circuit and what were inputs provided to him. Discuss with him and with your designer for a comprehensive ICT requirement.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Hi Covers,

I have an issue in my production assembly, whereby we encountered some PCBA failures such as no power, no function, PCBA component damage. This is captured on daily basis and it is more 2 boards above. I used to request the supplier to send the ICT/FCT test data history and it shows passed. We also send the boards to them and upon re-test, passed as well.
Can any PCBA expert advise me on this case, what shall I do next as path forward.

What does ICT / FCT test? How was this process validated?
Passing their test means very little without more information.
(also did you receive "real" data or scrubbed data?)

You or a delegate need to visit them and audit / verify their process. They are responsible for their quality.

Or did your process damage the boards?

What is the failure mode? Open circuit? Shorts? etc.

You need to know more about the failure.

Top Bottom