Favorite (oft used) sayings...

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Just pulled out a saying yesterday to make a point to someone who didn't quite see the world as I do...
We all have these sayings or examples or stories we find ourselves using over and over...what are yours?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
What I pulled out yesterday:

Q: If I call my right arm a "leg" instead...how many legs do I have?
A: Three

Nope...two...calling it a leg doesn't make it one.
And calling your landline's portable handset a "cellphone" doesn't make it one either... {she was 80, and this example finally got through...}.

K Roeder

Registered
It's a little crass, but I'll sometimes remind people not to pee in the pool (to reference the potential for tainting an entire process by taking shortcuts and cutting corners in ways that aren't in accordance with quality standards). Once you do it, you won't only affect the corner you're cutting; that shortcut often has a way of flowing outward and affecting other team members and other processes.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Another one of my common ones:

Do it right, do it once...do it right---now.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
When asked a question that is inherently contradictory, happens pretty often, I often reply with, "What's the difference between an orange?"

John Predmore

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do it over?
or, as I like to paraphrase:
If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do the CAPA?

Top Bottom