SBS - The best value in QMS software

FDA electronic submission gateway (ESG): FAILED eMDR Submission

S

srrbell

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me deal with an eMDR submission failure that was noticed too late...

I've been using FDA'S ESG to electronically submit MDRs for a couple years now and am familiar with the process. Unfortunately, as we're a small company with limited reports coming in or going out, no one else in the company is really up to speed.

When I was out of the office for a week back in March, my coworker tried to file an MDR electronically (which was actually the addition of a manufacturer narrative in response to a user facility-generated MedWatch report). She did "package" the report using the FDA's eSubmitter software, but she never logged into the gateway (ESG) online to formally submit it. So as far as the FDA is concerned, the MDR was never actually filed. There was another issue similar to this, where the report WAS submitted through ESG, but the "acknowledgments" weren't reviewed carefully... come to find out, the submission actually failed, and now we're past the 30-day deadline. :frust:

Has anyone ever had any experience with these types of problems? (I know it's highly unlikely, but) is there any way to explain these errors/oversights to the FDA so we can correct this problem and/or file late without being penalized?

Thank you for taking the time to read this; any help or experience you can offer would be greatly appreciated! :thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I've been trying to activate my ESG account for 2 months now! absolutely horrible experience, either they want you to report or not. I've had to get documents notarised and electronic certificates especially created its crazy, but I could get a 483 for not doing it, and on top of it I have to perform a mock EMDR!:frust:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Is IEC 60601-1-2 required by FDA for all electronic medical devices? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S FDA's E submitter - For clinical electronic thermometer Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
M Informational US FDA Draft Guidance – Providing Regulatory Submissions for Medical Devices in Electronic Format – Submissions Under Section 745A(b) of the Federal F Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P FDA inspections and electronic signatures Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Medical Device News FDA News - 12-09-18 - MD Submissions to Electronic Format to Improve Efficiency Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Suggestions for Electronic Signature Software (FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 12
M Has anyone had their electronic system scrutinized in an FDA inspection? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 16
R Electronic Submissions to the FDA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 12
S Electronic Record Retention per FDA Requirements - Electronic Data Capture (EDC) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
bio_subbu FDA releases draft guidance on Providing Regulatory Submissions in Electronic Format Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
B Electronic Record File Format (Pdf & Tiff) - Acceptance by FDA? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
AnaMariaVR2 XML, eCTD & FDA - Electronic Information and Data Submissions US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
D FDA 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant Digital (electronic) Signatures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
S Electronic Submissions to the FDA (CBER) - Making Electronic Submissions (BLAs) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Electronic Signature Documents - FDA Requirements for Retention and Hardcopy Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
R Possible to have a completely electronic archival system that meets FDA requirements? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 17
Q FDA: File an electronic Registration of Drug Establishment/Labeler Code 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Affordable electronic CAPA system (compliant to FDA 21 CFR Part 11) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D FDA Compliant Electronic Records - Requirements, definitions, maintenance and archive Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
A Electronic Records for FDA - Canned computer program for our Corrective Action system Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
D FDA Information - Revising the Instructions for Use US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
S Transitional Adolescent A and B - "CDRH PREMARKET REVIEW SUBMISSION COVER SHEET FORM FDA 3514" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
B FDA requirement for CAPA Signoff ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P MSDS for MVQ FDA White, Vinyl Methyl Silicone Rubber EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Manufacturing Process FDA FOIA Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
S Manufacturing Process FDA FOIA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S Mechanical Test Under FDA Freedom of Information Act Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
C RA (Regulatory Assurance) Training (FDA) looking for resources Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
E FDA 513(g) Cover Letter US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
S Records - Do's and don't' of record entries (FDA - 21 CFR 820) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
B New Facility register with FDA Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
K 510k FDA review, will they accept Biocompatibility result generated using feasibility product lots? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
J FDA regulation on decorative contact lenses Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
P Anyone have an Idea on UAE Medical device registeration- Class B with FDA only Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
F FDA classification for a mobile app Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
Ed Panek IFU Contact Requirements - FDA and MDD/MDR US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
O Any info on release date of FDA “Computer Software Assurance for Manufacturing and Quality System Software” document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
P Writing a presubmission to the FDA prior to the De novo submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
K FDA - Can we have more than 1 Initial Importer Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
K Two FDA questions regarding UDI (and potentially 803.52 MDR) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
R Importers - For the FDA Registration/ Listing, is the CMO the importer? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
Z Iterative development and FDA change requests IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 12
P FDA Approved Product Contact Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
O Clarifying FDA definition of "finished device" and “capable of functioning” 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A FDA guidance on non-sterile Medical Device Packaging Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
JoCam FDA Registration for Sub-contract manufacturers Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M FDA News FDA Releases Draft Guidance Clarifying Application of ISO 10993-1 Biocompatibility Standard Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
E Contract manufacturer FDA requirements foreign company US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6