FDA Submission Printing Format - Is double sided printing allowed?

M

murena

Hi, I have a simple question.

Is it allowed to file a medical device submission (PMA, PMA Supplement or 510(k)) with the documents printed double sided?

Traditionally we print one side, because appartently that is what FDA expects, but I have not been able to locate the specific requirement in any FDA document.

What is your experience?

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Gert Sorensen

The issue is not whether it is allowed, the issue is whether it is the best way to present your documents, and the most convenient way for the FDA-employee to browse through your documentation. What you save in printing-costs may become an expense in other regards.

:bigwave:

M

murena

Thanks Gert, my motivation was more from the environmental point of view. Nevertheless, I see your point and wouldn't want to add difficulty for the review of our submissions.

I

isoalchemist

Don't forget the FDA is allowing some electronic submission for these items with one hard copy and the rest being electronic. They allow (or propose to allow) differences that would permit a paper copy pointer to electronic data for large data sets. The recently put out a draft guidance "eCopy Program for Medical Device Submissions" for comment in mid-October.

Slowly moving green, but based more on process flow than environmental concerns, based on whta I heard at the last FDA seminar.

N

Naoual

Hello,
I have some questions about the eCopy submission, if some one have the same, please let me know:

To complete the review of special 510(k) file of orthopedic implant, I
> should submit to the FDA the response by paper copies and eCopy.
>
> I download the eCopy software and register my pdf file on CDRH: eCopies.
> After packaging submission files and at the step n?3 I have not had
> the submittal letter !!
>
> I saw a video on the FDA website Launching and Navigating the
> eSubmitter Interface and in one slide, there is a comment saying
> please note the submittal letter is only applicable to certain
> submission types within CDRH
>
>
> therefore, the submittal letter is it required for the eCopies?
> If yes, how can I proceed to get it?
>
>
> Thank you for your responses

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V FDA 510K - Pre Submission Query US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
S FDA 510(K) submission question US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
B How to submit Pre-submission to FDA? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S Transitional Adolescent A and B - "CDRH PREMARKET REVIEW SUBMISSION COVER SHEET FORM FDA 3514" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
P Writing a presubmission to the FDA prior to the De novo submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
M PMS template for FDA submission (De novo submission for a Class II IVD) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
M Informational US FDA Guidance update – Requests for Feedback and Meetings for Medical Device Submissions: The Q-Submission Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Change to the FDA cleared device (ours) - Submission or Letter to file? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
D FDA Pre-Submission Meeting Advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
T FDA Q-Submission Informational Meeting 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S New clean room change submission - FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S FDA electronic submission gateway (ESG): FAILED eMDR Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
V Writing a Pre-Submission to the FDA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 62
Pmarszal FDA Global UDI Database: Record Submission Retention Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
Q FDA - Annual Report Submission Format and QMS updates Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
I Small Business Qualification Certification Submission - FDA Form 3602 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
A FDA 510(k) Submission Timelines US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R New Draft Guidance Document for FDA's current thinking on De Novo submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
H FDA/PMA/Medical Device/Before submission/Manufacturing facility change US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Demonstrating battery safety in 510(K) submission for the FDA Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
S FDA CDRH Premarket Review Submission Cover Sheet - adding more products 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Support of our customer?s PMA submission to the FDA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
P New FDA 510k Submission Guidance Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
S FDA Draft Guidance on HLA Kits 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
Y New Draft FDA Guidance for Applicability of GLP in Medical Device Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
D FDA 510(k) Submission Tests - Posterior Cervical Spinestem 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Reference a MAF outside the context of a US FDA submission? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
T FDA 510k Submission - Section 012 SE (Substantial Equivalence) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M FDA Submission Consultancy - Registering and marketing our products in the US 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
E Contacting FDA via phone to let them know a Submission is Imminent Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
Ronen E FDA publishes Draft Guidance on Med Dev Pre-Submission Program and Meetings with FDA Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
D New FDA guidance: Pre-Submission Program to replace the pre-IDE Program 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Will you use the FDA's ISO 13485 Voluntary Report Submission Program? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 13
G FDA Voluntary Audit Report Submission Pilot Program now a final guidance document 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
O US FDA Consultants in Mumbai - Orthopaedic Devices 510K Submission help US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 9
R FDA CDRH Premarket Review Requirements - Submission Cover Sheet 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
glork98 What cGMPs are needed for an FDA IDE submission? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
T IEC 62304:2006: Medical device software SDLC- CE Vs. Fda 510(k) submission IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 16
J FDA Response to PMA Submission: Help 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
T Submission of 510(k) - Does the FDA require a predefined structure of the content? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R EC11 - Guidance Document - FDA 510 (k) Submission - ECG Monitors 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
M CAD files in a submission to FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D FDA Question: Contents of an FDA 510(k) Submission ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Y Convenience pack FDA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
B FDA regulations medical device prescription fulfillment DME question US Medical Device Regulations 0
N FDA medical devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R US FDA 510k Australia TGA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
B How FDA define a new variant/generation or a new device US Medical Device Regulations 11
G FDA Annual Registration and Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
T Book Excerpt: Drugs and the FDA: Safety, Efficacy, and the Public’s Trust Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0