Feedback on Negative Experiences with a CB's Service Level

E

Elynn

Hi all,

I wonder if there's any advised if companies have negative experience with CB and wish to feedback.

To begin with, the CB took more than 2 months to issue the certificate - the 2 months was from the time recommendation was submitted by auditor. I understand it typically takes 1 month and slight more is fine for us. The CB not only had promised dates that were never fulfilled for one month, they simply do not reply emails.

Well, it's kind of unacceptable to us and annoying as we need to report the status to Top Management and our clients.

However, the thought of having them to do the surveillance Audits in th next 2 years, are we at their mercy that we can't or shouldn't complain about them? How to then help them to help us?

Re: Feedback on CB's Service level

They are a supplier, just like any other, in that you don't have to accept less than satisfactory service. Complain! The office service has nothing to do with the auditor (who may not even know) and they may be a contractor who may not care! Or, if you want to, transfer your certificate to another CB who can respond with better service. May I ask, why did you choose the one you have? If you "fear" them, you should find another CB. If they did do something in retaliation, which is wrong, you complain to the Accreditation Body...

E

Elynn

Thanks, Andy.

I've already made some complains but it seems like the whole firm is not working! Simply no replies or comes days later. The auditor was not the problem and he's a full timer and perm staff. In fact, he helped us to speed up with the recommendation. It was the technical team who God knows why they keep delaying. Be it was due to under manpower or overloaded.

Question is - what effect would it be if we change the CB for the surveillance audit?

Why we chosed the CB - it's actually quite a renowed CB, didnt expect this kind of output. Of course, we did the selection as well and they've given the best price.

Thanks, Andy.

I've already made some complains but it seems like the whole firm is not working! Simply no replies or comes days later. The auditor was not the problem and he's a full timer and perm staff. In fact, he helped us to speed up with the recommendation. It was the technical team who God knows why they keep delaying. Be it was due to under manpower or overloaded.

Question is - what effect would it be if we change the CB for the surveillance audit?

Why we chosed the CB - it's actually quite a renowed CB, didnt expect this kind of output. Of course, we did the selection as well and they've given the best price.
With an ANAB certificate, and subject to your status (NCs etc) you can transfer at any time. Your next CB should be able to just pick up your next visit, as if they always did it. You will need to make an application, submit your current audit reports etc. and have them reviewed. If the next visit gives enough time to schedule, then you should be fine. The new CB might be able to issue you with their certificate - if the review was fine - and then you can tell your current CB, "bye, bye".

Check any termination clauses in your current agreement. If you have a reason for complaint they are unlikely to make things difficult.

See what you get when you buy cheap? Maybe 'renowned' - for poor service?

Hi all,

I wonder if there's any advised if companies have negative experience with CB and wish to feedback.

To begin with, the CB took more than 2 months to issue the certificate - the 2 months was from the time recommendation was submitted by auditor. I understand it typically takes 1 month and slight more is fine for us. The CB not only had promised dates that were never fulfilled for one month, they simply do not reply emails.

Well, it's kind of unacceptable to us and annoying as we need to report the status to Top Management and our clients.

However, the thought of having them to do the surveillance Audits in th next 2 years, are we at their mercy that we can't or shouldn't complain about them? How to then help them to help us?
I am not sure 60 days after audit is all that long to issue a certificate. You certainly can be concerned about missed promised dates and lack of communication via email. But there is this invention called a phone. I find it works really well to get people's attention.

All kidding aside, email has become so full of nonsense, spam, etc. that it is no longer a reliable communication tool. It's too easy for things to get lost. If it is really important and needs immediate attention, the phone works well.

If your auditor did his thing, I would stick with the CB for the surveillance audits. Changing to a new CB midstream sounds like more of a hassle and you don't know what you are going to get. It could be worse. Good luck.

M

MIREGMGR

We really like our prominent CB's auditors and technical supervision.

Their sales operations are terrible, though. It's gotten to the point that we just go to our auditing supervisor when we have a question about adding a service or extending a scope, because we have no expectation that their first line salespeople will get back to us.

My theory is that their salespeople are compensated solely for signing up new customers...not for maintaining existing accounts and expanding the services sold to them.

We really like our prominent CB's auditors and technical supervision.

Their sales operations are terrible, though. It's gotten to the point that we just go to our auditing supervisor when we have a question about adding a service or extending a scope, because we have no expectation that their first line salespeople will get back to us.

My theory is that their salespeople are compensated solely for signing up new customers...not for maintaining existing accounts and expanding the services sold to them.
Nah, some people just don't get it (nothing to do with compensation!)

Top Bottom