Finding ISO 9001 Certified Suppliers - How can I find them?

T

Ted Black

I was wondering if anyone knew of any website where you can search for companies that are registered to a quality system standard. Sites where you could search by product or industry would be the most helpful. Our registrar (UL) has one but they only list companies certified by them. Any suggestions?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
I know I have come accross several when using the 'WEB' search function, but I did not bookmark any. There was a common statement about only have suppliers listed that have 'registered', which I presume is a paid service for advertising.

This is just one I found by searching 'Supplier ISO Certified':
ISO Seek

I would recommend you use different search engines to get various hits for the most beneficial listings for you.

Good luck.
Eileen

T

Ted Black

Thanks to both of you. I plan on visiting the sites to see for myself. My intent was to inform our purchasing agents so they can use it as a resource.
Ted

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
ISO seek not working properly

When checking to see if our company was on their listing, I found quite a number of problems on the ISOseek web site. This problem is compounded by them not having a contact listing at all.

A few of the problems I encountered:
1. Add my company - does not open to entry form as described in their directions.
2. several of the wb page links for suppliers lead back to the ISOseek home page

R
ISO 9000 seachable database

A really easy to use database--by any number of attributes is
the Quality Digest website with an international and North American list of certifications.
You may do a hundred or so searches a day for free. The only downside is that some registrars do not purge certifications, so there may be dupes.

:cool: This makes the magic number 10!! (posts)

Randy

Super Moderator
Hey everybody....The new guy Ric can count to 10:biglaugh:

Very good Ric. Can we say our A,B,C,s and do a toidie by ourselves:rolleyes: ?

Ric your imput has already been insightful and informative, please keep it up.:agree:

R
No Longer "shy"

Hey Randy!!! We squids had to be able to count to over 20!! :vfunny: (but the conditions will remain unstated!):eek:

Thanks for the feedback--and hope the input from the registrar's perspective helps. Just trying to shed some light on the issues some registrars may not want divulged! or just too busy to share with their clients and prospective clients. :rolleyes:

R

Randy Stewart

Don't mind that grumpy ole jar head, Ric. All he wants to do is brag about the weather!!!!!:D
Nashville, I've never seen so many pick-em ups or recording studios in place than in Nashville. First time I was there we rode in and I saw White Castle (hadn't had one since I had left MI) and thought alright!!! Then around the corner there was a Crystals and down the street a Hooters. I fell in love with the place (even if I don't like the music). Use to visit Fairview a lot.
:bigwave:

A

Al Dyer

A note as to the content of the Quality Digest database. A former company in which I was the MR is listed twice, one by AQSR and one by Perry Johnson.

PJ registered them after AQSR washed their hands of them.

My hats off to the people of my former company that were able to take a non-functioning system with multiple majors, de-certification pending, and turning it around in 6 weeks. They passed the PJ audit without even a minor.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Is not training to ISO 9001 procedures a finding? General Auditing Discussions 16
C ISO 9001:2008 Audit Major Finding - Dial Calipers not set to zero ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
L Internal Re-audit after Major Finding during ISO 9001 Re-Certification Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
AshleyE Acceptance Criteria - ISO 9001:2008 Clause 8.2.4 - Questionable Audit Finding? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 40
C Procedure is not Implemented - Audit Finding - ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.1? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
K No Formal Design Process - Audit Finding - Help with Section 7.3 of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
D Customer Audit Finding against ?where appropriate? of ISO 9001, Clause 7.4.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
M One audit finding - deviated from 2 clauses of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R ISO 9001:2000 - Exclusion of 7.5.2 - External Audit finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
R ISO 9001 Clause 7.6 - Calibration - Audit finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
M Cost of Implementing ISO 9001:2000 - Difficult time finding hard numbers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M Finding parts to meet ISO 15001 (Anaesthetic and respiratory equipment) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
cscalise Legal Obligation to report ISO 13485 Finding to FDA? Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
B Convenient source for finding a listing of changes to BS EN ISO standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
G Audit Finding against ISO/TS 16949 6.2.2 Competence, Training and Awareness IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M ISO 10993 for Fabric based Electrode - Finding already FDA Approved Materials Other Medical Device Related Standards 11
I ISO 13485 Finding regarding Control of Timer Relays in a Coating Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K ISO 13485 Audit Finding on Regulatory Issues - Internal Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
H Finding an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory to perform calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 14
D I need help finding ISO solid contamination code 18/15/13 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Definition Major vs. Minor Finding During external ISO audit - Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 25
J Audit Finding For Not Retaining Test Results ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A OHSAS 18001 external auditor finding personal interpretation? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
Marco Bernardi Finding a flat or not modeling distribution: how to manage it? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 24
H Looking for Tips on finding an IATF consultant Consultants and Consulting 6
D Customer Audit Finding ISO13485:2016 7.6 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B PED 2014/68/EU - Is this Traceability audit finding correct? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
XRAY_3121 Design and Development Requirement - MDSAP Audit Finding Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
R Major nonformance finding was given during a closing meeting of a ISO9001 certification audit General Auditing Discussions 76
G Audit finding - Components being transferred inter-plant Internal Auditing 3
S Difficulty Finding A Notified Body for CE Marking - No Capacity Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
D AEA (Aerospace Experience Auditor) Challenges - Finding availability of AEA for witness AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B IATF 16949 7.1.5.3.2 FAQ #7 Audit Finding - External Calibration Laboratory IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
P Major Finding Elevation - Do I elevate this minor finding to a major one? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
S GM/VP softgrading internal audit finding - need feedback from an audit guru! General Auditing Discussions 11
Q Customer Requirements - AS9120B Audit Finding AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 24
J IATF 16949 registration - Major Nonconformance Finding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
J Hardness inspection Audit Finding Employee error Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J How long should I have to correct an audit finding? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 7
AlienraverX How to appeal a major audit finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
T Non-addressed Minor Finding elevated to Major Finding Internal Auditing 37
S Definition Would a wrong definition constitute an Audit Finding? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
L Audit Finding Flowchart for Feedback General Auditing Discussions 6
B Finding a Fixture Design Course to meet Customer Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Audit Finding - CAPA, Improvement Initiatives not filed in CAR System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
O CFDA (China Food and Drugs Administration) Audit Finding Classifications China Medical Device Regulations 1
B Expired Materials (threadlocker) Audit Finding Classification? Internal Auditing 1
S Could I issue major finding for Inadequate Procedures Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 17
S Finding a substantial Equivalent Medical Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 4