Finding ISO 9001 Certified Suppliers - How can I find them?

T

Ted Black

I was wondering if anyone knew of any website where you can search for companies that are registered to a quality system standard. Sites where you could search by product or industry would be the most helpful. Our registrar (UL) has one but they only list companies certified by them. Any suggestions?

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
I know I have come accross several when using the 'WEB' search function, but I did not bookmark any. There was a common statement about only have suppliers listed that have 'registered', which I presume is a paid service for advertising.

This is just one I found by searching 'Supplier ISO Certified':
ISO Seek

I would recommend you use different search engines to get various hits for the most beneficial listings for you.

Good luck.
Eileen

T

Ted Black

Thanks to both of you. I plan on visiting the sites to see for myself. My intent was to inform our purchasing agents so they can use it as a resource.
Ted

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
ISO seek not working properly

When checking to see if our company was on their listing, I found quite a number of problems on the ISOseek web site. This problem is compounded by them not having a contact listing at all.

A few of the problems I encountered:
1. Add my company - does not open to entry form as described in their directions.
2. several of the wb page links for suppliers lead back to the ISOseek home page

R

Ric

ISO 9000 seachable database

A really easy to use database--by any number of attributes is
the Quality Digest website with an international and North American list of certifications.
You may do a hundred or so searches a day for free. The only downside is that some registrars do not purge certifications, so there may be dupes.

:cool: This makes the magic number 10!! (posts)

Randy

Super Moderator
Hey everybody....The new guy Ric can count to 10:biglaugh:

Very good Ric. Can we say our A,B,C,s and do a toidie by ourselves:rolleyes: ?

Ric your imput has already been insightful and informative, please keep it up.:agree:

R

Ric

No Longer "shy"

Hey Randy!!! We squids had to be able to count to over 20!! :vfunny: (but the conditions will remain unstated!):eek:

Thanks for the feedback--and hope the input from the registrar's perspective helps. Just trying to shed some light on the issues some registrars may not want divulged! or just too busy to share with their clients and prospective clients. :rolleyes:

R

Randy Stewart

Don't mind that grumpy ole jar head, Ric. All he wants to do is brag about the weather!!!!!:D
Nashville, I've never seen so many pick-em ups or recording studios in place than in Nashville. First time I was there we rode in and I saw White Castle (hadn't had one since I had left MI) and thought alright!!! Then around the corner there was a Crystals and down the street a Hooters. I fell in love with the place (even if I don't like the music). Use to visit Fairview a lot.
:bigwave:

A

Al Dyer

A note as to the content of the Quality Digest database. A former company in which I was the MR is listed twice, one by AQSR and one by Perry Johnson.

PJ registered them after AQSR washed their hands of them.

My hats off to the people of my former company that were able to take a non-functioning system with multiple majors, de-certification pending, and turning it around in 6 weeks. They passed the PJ audit without even a minor.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Top Bottom