First 510(k) submission - Class II software as medical device

Hello,

We are a start-up company and I'm working in our first 510(k) submission (Class II software as medical device) and I'm sorry for my stupid question but I'm preparing the submission putting all the documents together and I don't know how to put report information into the 510(k). I created a 510(k) structure and I'm coping there all the device information, but as the verification and validation are signed documents I'm not sure if I have to annex the info later (but I will have problems with the page numbering) or if I can just make a copy and paste without the signatures. Could you help me?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

monoj mon

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

We are a start-up company and I'm working in our first 510(k) submission (Class II software as medical device) and I'm sorry for my stupid question but I'm preparing the submission putting all the documents together and I don't know how to put report information into the 510(k). I created a 510(k) structure and I'm coping there all the device information, but as the verification and validation are signed documents I'm not sure if I have to annex the info later (but I will have problems with the page numbering) or if I can just make a copy and paste without the signatures. Could you help me?
Hi Tiffany, I guess you are also preparing the summaries (such as Performance Testing-Bench). So, while preparing the summaries you can refer your test report as "Attachment" and include it along with the summary. I have quickly drafted a sample document for you to give you an idea. By doing this you don't need to worry about the pagination for the report. And, I will suggest to provide the signed reports.

Attachments

Hello,

Tiffany88,
If you need support on submission, feel free to contact us. We can help you out.

Watchcat

Trusted Information Resource
And, I will suggest to provide the signed reports.
I am curious as to exactly what you mean by "signed" report. Reports with an original "wet" ink signature? A photocopy or scanned copy of those documents? Documents that have been electronically signed? Or copies of the reports that were signed, but not necessarily copies with the signatures on them?

I ask because I'm curious as to how all of this is evolving. I'm not aware of any requirement on FDA's part, and I expect this is more a matter of convention, probably not one uniformly followed in all submissions?

monoj mon

Involved In Discussions
copies of the reports that were signed, but not necessarily copies with the signatures on them?
I meant this one.
I expect this is more a matter of convention, probably not one uniformly followed in all submissions?
I just posted my view as a matter of convention to annex the original reports along with the summary format that I provided above since the original poster has asked how to handle the signed reports, whether or not to provide it with the signature.
but as the verification and validation are signed documents I'm not sure if I have to annex the info later (but I will have problems with the page numbering) or if I can just make a copy and paste without the signatures. Could you help me?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Level of Concern for Class II Medical Device Software 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
A Some questions about voluntary consensus standards in traditional 510(k) submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
A Some doubts about traditional 510(k) submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
A Bench test report translation to English for 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
K 510(K) File eCopy Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 16
P Predicate Device Information for 510(k) Submission Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
D First 510(k) Submission - Don't Forget Tips US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
D Is Human Factors testing mandatory for a 510(k) submission? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 16
D Pre-Submission after 510(K) Submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
M CBE (Change Being Effected) 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
K 510(K) Submission (Traditional) for Medical Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 15
shimonv Referring to previously submitted biocompatibility results in a new 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S 510(k) Submission - Orthodontist that wants to distribute aligners in the US ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
shimonv Does 510(k) submission need to include UDI Data Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
D Documentation Requirements for Firmware in a 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
D Use of clinical data in a 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M 510(K) submission for clinical study devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
V 510(K) Cyber Security Documentation for Pre-market Submission (Templates) Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A FDA 510(k) Submission Timelines US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Demonstrating battery safety in 510(K) submission for the FDA Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
S FDA Draft Guidance on HLA Kits 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D FDA 510(k) Submission Tests - Posterior Cervical Spinestem 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Z Agile Software Development and 510(k) Submission 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T 510(k) Revision Level History and Submission Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
W 510(k) Submission for a huge, changing complex Medical Device System Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
S Revision of 510(k) Submission Documents - Risk Management Report? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Who must sign 510(k) Submission? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
A Should I submit the entire copy of my software in a 510(k) submission?? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
I About the 510(k) Submission US Company but Products are made in China US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
S Clinical or Non-Clinical Data in 510(k) Submission for a type II Medical Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
shimonv Bench Testing as part of 510(k) Submission US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
C Locating Approved Special 510(k) Submission Data from 1997 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Cost to prepare 510(k) submission (resources, time, dollars) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T IEC 62304:2006: Medical device software SDLC- CE Vs. Fda 510(k) submission IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 16
W Applying for 510(k) Submission for Blood Glucose Monitor System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Blood Glucose Monitor - Sample 510(k) submission application 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
C 510(K) submission - Is it necessary if we changed from nylon to polyester suture? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S Does Windows Service Pack (SP-3) upgrade need supplementary 510(k) submission?? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
L Software Documents in 510(k) submission (Moderate Level Concern) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
W 510(k) submission - Questions about page 2 of form 3654 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
T 510(k) Submission for Outsourced Automated Instrumentation System Components 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Submission of 510(k) - Does the FDA require a predefined structure of the content? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R EC11 - Guidance Document - FDA 510 (k) Submission - ECG Monitors 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
D FDA Question: Contents of an FDA 510(k) Submission ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
L Impact on 510(k) to use an additional manufacture US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Watchcat Advantages to pursuing a Special 510(k) instead of a Traditional 510(k) Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
A 510(k) registration and listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Aymaneh Traditional 510(k) Declaration of Conformity Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M Should 510(k) Predicates be Actively Listed Devices? Other US Medical Device Regulations 12