First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Will the organizations' OASIS administrator still have control over who can view the reports?

Yes, Cari. Sensitive information access will still be controlled by the supplier's OASIS admin, I am sure. They can't afford to have another process for that at the risk of being sued.

Cari, you have more information about granting access to sensitive data via OASIS in the presentation hyperlinked below.

First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Good point. Only 31 certified organizations as of this morning.
With approximately 14 months to go until the expiration of the AS91X0 certificates based on ISO 9001:2008, we have less than 1% of the registrants transitioned to the ISO 9001:2015-based AQMS standards.

Crunch time...

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
In 6 weeks we'll be in the middle of our recertification/transition audit. We should have the new cert before the end of the year.

J.Enger

Involved In Discussions
We have our Stage 1 Audit scheduled for Sept 5-8. Stage two still waiting on confirmation, but looking like 1st or 2nd week of October.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
We completed our transition audit Aug. 1-3, 2017.

It was the third one for the auditor.

It was a great experience. The auditor found some issues with our processes. I found them valid and value added.

I am no addressing the nonconformances on OASIS.

S

sol49720

Our AS9100 surveillance audit will be completed tomorrow morning. Appears will have 1 minor nonconformance to 7.5.1 for not specifically stating who has authority for determining how nonconforming material reject tags are resolved. Per the standard it is required to state this in your QMS. Although we had documented who did the release/determination and it is only a specific few, we did not state those positions and authorities officially in a document. It will be an easy fix. I really liked in the audit process requirements for management responsibility and the auditing of those positions. Overall, a very positive experience with the new requirements.

Big Jim

Admin
Our AS9100 surveillance audit will be completed tomorrow morning. Appears will have 1 minor nonconformance to 7.5.1 for not specifically stating who has authority for determining how nonconforming material reject tags are resolved. Per the standard it is required to state this in your QMS. Although we had documented who did the release/determination and it is only a specific few, we did not state those positions and authorities officially in a document. It will be an easy fix. I really liked in the audit process requirements for management responsibility and the auditing of those positions. Overall, a very positive experience with the new requirements.

It looks like that should be 8.7.1.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator

I've received that very same minor before. :tg:

S

sol49720

Yup, 8.7.1, that's what happens when you post late at night and aren't focused. Our audit is now done and that was the only nonconformance. On to Oasis next week to answer, take the survey and if everything goes right as I expect it to in a couple weeks, we will just be waiting for our updated certificate. I don't know if it was all the preparation we did, but this seemed like an easier audit.

Top Bottom