First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018

S

sunnycosta

I am the QAM / MR of a AS9100C CNC machine shop. We will be having our AS9100D transition audit in a few weeks from now.
I would like to know what risk-specific documents the auditor will want to see (example - risk register, PFMEA, Contract review with risks, Supplier Quality Survey with Risks,
Corrective action reports with risks and mitigation actions (Instead of PA), Work transfer form with risks). If possible, please attach suitable templates.
Also I want to know how to link SWOT / PESTLE analysis, Interested parties, External and Internal Issues with the Risk Register. Do I have to show a link mentioned above. I would like to have clarifications what would the auditor want to see in SWOT / PESTLE analysis, Interested parties, External and Internal Issues and whether I have to determine the various risk in each case. Am confused.

S

sol49720

APQP process and associated form with risk evaluation for all the steps on it, analysis whether to quote or not and what to do if taking a quote with identified risk. If a new part, used a try-out sheet router for part. Follow steps, document where, what is done differently. Is this part at APQP because of a change request, either from customer or internally. Is a FAIR needed because of tooling repair, machine repair, process change, a full fair or Delta fair.

Contract review, evaluated our procedure and instruction, what, where did it evaluate risk and document. Our sales form addressed many areas for that and has notes areas for follow through. Is a FMEA, PPAP, FAIR needed. After contract review, how long has the part been out of production so you can determine if fair is needed or required.

On production floor, how often do you document measurements, sample plans used, are the item measurements critical, major, minor. Inspection, final inspection, self-release, what is checked, where documented, FOD control. Your people need to use words like risk, suspect. Your receiving inspection has to look for suspect material, do you use FRX, do you look for false certificates of material reports.
Are yor suppliers, both material and special/outside evaluated for risk, does purchasing evaluate a P.O. before it is sent to supplier?
All this is risk. Additionally, has Upper Management identified risk in section 4, done wrong and you can get a major. All the items you identified are applicable too. Good luck.

D

Document Dame

Congratulations!

We were scheduled to begin our AS9100D Transition Audit next Tuesday but our auditor lives in Florida, so needless to say he has more important things to deal with right now.

I'm a little concerned about how long it will take to set a new date.

It was scheduled as a Survailliance Audit plus the Rev. D Transition. (4 days)

From what I read, the CB schedules are pretty tight.

I feel like I got all dressed up to go to the dance and at the last minute my date couldn't make it.

Once again, Congratulations!

J.Enger

Involved In Discussions
We passed our Stage II Audit with only 2 NCRs (1 - a Ø0.2505" Class X pin gage was found to be out of tolerance during calibration - no investigation to determine if escapes happened, was just replaced; 2 - three jobs had no identifiers (move tickets) with the material to identify the job/material/operation. ).

We corrected those issues, and received our Certification on Feb 24, 2018. We are currently listed on OASIS which is a big thing for us, and we are preparing for a NADCAP audit for our welding processes. I have already incorporated all the Welding documentation into the AS9100 system, so we should go through that audit with no issues.

I want to thank everyone on here as all the threads i read through helped us get to this point.

We also ordered two flags from StandardFlags.com. Got one flying on the flagpole under the company flag, and one hanging in Quality (see pic below).

Attachments

• First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018
    OASIS.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 215
  • AS9100D Certificate - Exp 2-23-2021.pdf
    562.8 KB · Views: 270
  • First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018
    AS9100 Flag.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 249

Big Jim

Admin
We passed our Stage II Audit with only 2 NCRs (1 - a Ø0.2505" Class X pin gage was found to be out of tolerance during calibration - no investigation to determine if escapes happened, was just replaced; 2 - three jobs had no identifiers (move tickets) with the material to identify the job/material/operation. ).

We corrected those issues, and received our Certification on Feb 24, 2018. We are currently listed on OASIS which is a big thing for us, and we are preparing for a NADCAP audit for our welding processes. I have already incorporated all the Welding documentation into the AS9100 system, so we should go through that audit with no issues.

I want to thank everyone on here as all the threads i read through helped us get to this point.

We also ordered two flags from StandardFlags.com. Got one flying on the flagpole under the company flag, and one hanging in Quality (see pic below).

Congratulations! Thanks for the feedback.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Just checked OASIS and there are 10163 sites certified to the AS91X0:2016 standards, which is, approximately, 50% of all certified sites. With a little over 4 months until the transition deadline, it is crunch time.

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
With approximately a month and a half to go before the September 15, 2018 deadline for the transition, OASIS show approximately 15,550 sites certified to the 2016 Edition of the AS91X0 standards. Out of a total 20,405 sites. So, close to 3/4 of the sites have made the transition already and attained certification.

On another note, during the last month, 122 sites have had their certificates suspended or withdrawn.

Buckyb

Involved In Discussions
Sidney,

How are the certifications going? We are only a few days away from the deadline....inquiring minds want to know.

Top Bottom