First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018

PenutButer

Starting to get Involved
Re: AS9100 Rev. D - When and what?

The GAP analysis is posted on the IAQG site now.

Has anyone managed to get a solid answer on "Interested Parties" or "Context of the Organization" other than speak with your CB.

While I understand the spec is trying to give more leeway to the company, what it looks like to me is a headache at my next audit when my auditor tries to assist me in determining who my interested parties should be.

B

BoardGuy

An interested party is defined in ISO 9000:2015, Term 3.2.3 and I would apply the information from AS9100D, Annex A.3 also.

Context of the organizations is defined in ISO 9000:2015, Term 3.2.2.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource

IAQG's on-time delivery performance could use some improvement. Wonder if they are measuring it....:notme:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Just checked OASIS. No organization has been listed yet as certified to AS91X0:2016

We have 18 months until the deadline for the transition. Crunch time. :popcorn:

Buckyb

Involved In Discussions

Just checked OASIS. No organization has been listed yet as certified to AS91X0:2016

We have 18 months until the deadline for the transition. Crunch time. :popcorn:
A former President once said, "I feel your pain"...... As for us, we are peeling off the AS9100 and finally seeking ISO9001. We were shackled to AS9100 due to Boeing D6-82479 but have made the business decision that it's not worth it as we manufacturer ground support equipment. Boeing would do well to consider the cost savings to them as well as their suppliers when it comes to certification requirements in these "lean" times.

J

joburum

CB's have until June to get their transition complete. Amazing how short the time-frame is.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

CB's have until June to get their transition complete. Amazing how short the time-frame is.
According to OASIS, in the USA, we have 15 CB's accredited for AS9100:2016 as of today. None in the UK, 1 in France, 1 in Canada, 1 in Israel and 1 in India. Crunch time is coming...

Last edited:

Buckyb

Involved In Discussions

Stepping out on a limb I would say...what's the rush? The three year mandate is self-inflicted. Why not extend? Organizations that already have a viable ISO/AS QMS can surely continue longer until all have been re-certified. :2cents:

Top Bottom