First AS9100:2016 certificate issued, March 2017 - Status of Transition Sept. 2018

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Maybe, just maybe, The Cove had a little influence on your CB's helpfulness. No CB wants to antagonize Howste, one of the most active, participative and influential moderators in this space....:naughty::naughty:
:lmao: I'm pretty sure they have no idea who I am. I'm flying under the radar. :agree1:

Big Jim

Admin
:lmao: I'm pretty sure they have no idea who I am. I'm flying under the radar. :agree1:

But you never really know the good that comes from our conversations. I'm sure that things talked about here on the Cove do influence things even if it is indirectly or by simply setting somewhat of an overall tone.

Keep it up. The system needs all the help it can get.

Buckyb

Involved In Discussions
Agree with all comments. Auditors are stretched dangerously thin. Just finished audit in March with our Cert expiring on 1 May. Didn't get our Cert until I contacted the CB numerous times...received it finally on 24 April. Didn't get our final report until I sent back the draft the Auditor left with me (twice) with all the errors corrected by ME, the customer. The Auditor was too busy and it appeared that the reviewer of the audit report was either lazy, incompetent or too busy also to actually go over it to catch all the obvious errors. I would hope too busy. Finally, the CB made a $400.00 error on the billing by adding a different auditor's travel report (from another State) to our bill. This CB has always been great and I would recommend them to any organization but this latest experience fortifies my thoughts that CBs are having a hard time with an almost impossible timeline to certify all by Sept 2018.

Big Jim

Admin
Agree with all comments. Auditors are stretched dangerously thin. Just finished audit in March with our Cert expiring on 1 May. Didn't get our Cert until I contacted the CB numerous times...received it finally on 24 April. Didn't get our final report until I sent back the draft the Auditor left with me (twice) with all the errors corrected by ME, the customer. The Auditor was too busy and it appeared that the reviewer of the audit report was either lazy, incompetent or too busy also to actually go over it to catch all the obvious errors. I would hope too busy. Finally, the CB made a $400.00 error on the billing by adding a different auditor's travel report (from another State) to our bill. This CB has always been great and I would recommend them to any organization but this latest experience fortifies my thoughts that CBs are having a hard time with an almost impossible timeline to certify all by Sept 2018.

A voice from the trenches. Keep it up. Maybe someone is listening.

howste

Thaumaturge
Has the IAQG released any aggregate information about audit nonconformities from AS9100D audits conducted so far?

howste

Thaumaturge
Good point. Only 31 certified organizations as of this morning.

Is there any similar data from ISO 9001:2015 audits available?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Is there any similar data from ISO 9001:2015 audits available?
I only know of a CB who has a database which clients can benchmark their performance against other certified organizations in terms of nonconformities. It includes findings against most management system standards, including ISO 9001:2015.

I am VERY sceptical of performance data of nonconformities. In my experience, most management system auditors tend to focus in their "comfort areas" and audit requirements that are more "black and white", with little room for subjectivity. So, I suspect that, irrespective of all the "propaganda", most NC's being issued against 9001:2015 are still centered around issues such as document control, calibration, etc...

I doubt we'll see a lot of NC's against knowledge management, context of the organization, leadership, customer focus, risk based whatever....too uncomfortable for the average auditor to write them up...:nope:

howste

Thaumaturge
We finished up our AS9100 Rev D readiness assessment with our CB today. It was a very positive experience. The onsite time was shorter than we would have liked, but our auditor stated that we seem to be doing the right things and are correctly interpreting the requirements of the standard. :agree1:

In other news, the first AS9120 Rev B certificate showed up in the OASIS database today. Covegratulations to New Yorker Electronics Co. in Northvale, NJ. :cool:

howste

Thaumaturge
And we finally have the first AS9110 Rev C certificate in OASIS today. Covegratulations to Rohr Aero Services Limited in Prestwick, UK (Scotland). :agree1:

Top Bottom