First ever college football playoff? 2014

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Actually, the new playoffs do not fit the description.

However, if stated the first ever for Div IA, then it would be true. Div IAA, and Divs II and III have had playoffs for years!

OK, now, who will win each semi-final and why, and who will win the championship and why?

My Thoughts:

Oregon will beat the 'Noles. FL State is good and finds ways to win, however sloppy. But they can't contain the Ducks.

Alabama will be OH State in a close one. The defense for Alabama will make the difference, but I believe less than a TD.

Alabama will then beat OR - BARELY. Again, defense will be the key, as they must stop a high-powered offense on both ground and in the air.

Just my thoughts.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dgriffith

Quite Involved in Discussions
A awful lot of ifs, ands, and hog-washes here.... :)
Ala is to pass defense as a colander is to water.:cool:
tOSU will not able to contain the run even if their passing is good.:mad:
Oregon can both pass and run. High-scoring as I see it.:popcorn:
Florida who? I mean whom....?:lmao:

Eredhel

Quality Manager
I've been thinking it would be Alabama and Oregon in the end. I think that game could go either way. I'm glad to see the 4 team playoff for sure, and I look forward to the 8 team playoff in the future!

G

GoKats78

Whoever wins the OSU / 'Bama game will win the National Championship.

Both teams will shut down the Ducks offense...Forgive me, but no one really plays much defense on the west coast.

M

mguilbert

A awful lot of ifs, ands, and hog-washes here.... :)
Ala is to pass defense as a colander is to water.:cool:
tOSU will not able to contain the run even if their passing is good.:mad:
Oregon can both pass and run. High-scoring as I see it.:popcorn:
Florida who? I mean whom....?:lmao:
I have no dog in the hunt being from Mass. We have the Pats. But bite your tongue. My wife is a FSU fan. As for me a happy wife is a happy life. Remember they are last years champs and are still currently undefeated unlike the rest of the teams in the bracket.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, I was half right. Oregon won. However, Alabama lost. Ohio State wanted it more.

Now, for the Championship, I think OH State I think is the better team overall, but OR proved they do have a defense. I suspect the real key is whether OH State can either stop OR or can score tit-for-tat with them.

Any thoughts?

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
Whoever wins the OSU / 'Bama game will win the National Championship.

Both teams will shut down the Ducks offense...Forgive me, but no one really plays much defense on the west coast.
Called it!

Now can the chatter about the SEC being the best conference stop?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Interesting Discussion Was this the fastest ever stage 2 ISO9001:2015 audit? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 76
Q Have you ever "excluded" certain job descriptions from the QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Sam Lazzara Notified Body CE Project Manager - Worst job ever? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Claes Gefvenberg Worst measuring equipment ever? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
F Is Testing ever a legitimate Risk Mitigation? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
J What ever happened to Medical Device Risk Management, anyway? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 17
Marc Lake Mead Plunges To Lowest Level Ever - 2016 World News 10
P Has anyone ever heard of the Eastern Weighing and Inspection Bureau? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
Q REACH due dilligence and meeting the ever moving SVHC target RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
H Most Poorly Written FDA Warning Letter Ever? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
D ?Pa? Capability Index - Has anyone ever heard of this? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
drgnrider How to control documents that most likely won't change ever ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M What is the best question you have ever been asked? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
R Mix Multi-Site/Individual Certification - Has this ever happened to anyone? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
C Have you Ever Wished You Could Audit Your CB Registrars and Notified Bodies 24
P Has anyone ever heard of "Quality Gates" (Volkswagen term?) - APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 11
I Has anyone ever heard of Registrar QSRD-International? Registrars and Notified Bodies 36
K Have you ever behaved differently because you were being watched? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
S Have you ever "used" an auditor to achieve a goal? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
J Ever heard of having a Controlled SOP template? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
L Dry Lube Application (Ever lube 620) - Manual Application vs. Automated Spray Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Ever gone "Dry-Dock fishing?" Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
M Best Problem Statement Ever - (Caution - Childish Scatalogical Humor Ahead!) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
S As a Customer, have you ever been Surveyed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
D Using Regrind - Anyone ever used a deduster to improve quality of material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
apestate FAA Regulations: Is it ever OK to sign off on nonconforming type certified parts? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 8
R MSDS Sheets for Products - How much is too much - Or is there ever too much? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
S Cappsnt Software - Has anyone ever used Cappsnt software for a CMM? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Jim Wynne The Lamest Nigerian Scam Email Ever Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Manix The Toughest Decision I have ever had to make! Director or Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 16
R CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - Ever heard CMMI? Software Quality Assurance 5
0 Anyone ever worked with the program Rapidminer to datamine databases Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
B Help with Submitting Part Layout Dimensionals - My first ever PPAP (to GM) APQP and PPAP 5
T Resolution Analysis - Has anyone ever performed a Resolution Analysis? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C Has anyone ever heard of Informance software? Monitors machine uptime/downtime (OEE) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 11
N Ever heard of GJB 9001A-2001 Standard? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
Q What ever happened to the "Process is not systemic" finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Jim Wynne Virus Hoaxes or, What Ever Happened to Fact-Checking? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
J Has anyone ever been harmed by a CMM (coordinate measuring machine)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
I Have you ever heard about TOSI (polymer)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
GStough Microsoft InfoPath - Anyone Ever Used This? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A Has anyone ever written a Quoting Process? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Marc How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 105
J As a consultant, have you ever fired a client? If so, when? Consultants and Consulting 54
C Ever come across an ISO 9001 certificate with more than 3 years validity period? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
GStough Anyone Here Ever Move from ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 into AS9100? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
J Ever see/do a presentation in an interview? Career and Occupation Discussions 19
C GME 00004 + GME 60271 - Anyone ever heard of these norms for GM? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
L Can Operator error ever be used on an 8D (Corrective Action)? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
L Have you ever been rejected for a reference dimension being out of tolerance? Manufacturing and Related Processes 28