Flower Packing House Certification for ISO 22000

• Thread starter patriot19472001
  • Start date
P

patriot19472001

Dear Professionals,

Hope that you are doing well. We are in process of getting certification of ISO 22000 for our 6 food manufacturing units. We also have fruits and vegetables packing house along with FLOWERS packing house. My boss is asking to include flower packing house in the Scope also. Followings are my confusions

1. Can we include a flower packing house for a food certification?
2. If "NO" then why?
3. If "YES" then how many clauses will be exampted?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Ghulam Mustafa

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Dear Professionals,

Hope that you are doing well. We are in process of getting certification of ISO 22000 for our 6 food manufacturing units. We also have fruits and vegetables packing house along with FLOWERS packing house. My boss is asking to include flower packing house in the Scope also. .........................

From ISO's publications:

ISO 22000 - Food Safety Management Systems

This standard is applicable to all types of organization within the food chain to demonstrate the ability to identify, assess and control food safety hazards that are reasonably expected to occur in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
The organizations range from feed producers, primary producers, food manufacturers, transport and storage operators and subcontractors to retail and food service outlets – together with related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.

Unless your flower is meant for the table and so forms part of the food chain, the answer is NO.

Since your organization has so many units going for certification, I think it is high time to get some proper and professional advice by engaging the right people to guide you along.

Last edited:
P

patriot19472001

Thank you so much Harry for your kind help n guidance.

Regards,

Ghulam Mustafa

D

db

Ghulam, did you possibly mean flour instead? We may have an interpretation issue. Flowers are things like roses, flour is used to make bread and other food things.

P

patriot19472001

Dear DB,

Good day. Please note that here i was talking about different varities of flowers and obviously Harry guided me well.

Regards,

Ghulam Mustafa

Top Bottom