> sending in our application this week, but the head of the Technical
> Services Department who is wondering why we are bothering after getting
> our QS9000 registration raised a point. We were informed "informally" by
> Ford reps that we had to. However when we ask for something specific, in
> writing, saying "Thou shalt", all of a sudden everyone at Ford seems to
> lose our return address and our fax number. We have tried through
> multiple channels to get something specific, in writing, as to the
> accreditation requirement. Has anyone out there had this problem, and if
> successsful in getting something in writing, how did you get it?
>
> Gary Agler
> Senior Lab Technician
> Goshen Rubber Co.

Subject: Required Accreditation RE2
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:26:27 -0500 (EST)
To: [email protected]

Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 07:24:05 -0500
To: Greg Gogates <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Required Accreditation

This Ford requirement is established in a Ford internal purchasing document. The document comes from FM&SP Procedures Manual PNP05-007, revision 1 established 19 Sept. 1997 and revised Nov. 4 1997. There is a possible third revision to this document.

The reason this document is difficult to obtain is because it contradicts the exemption by Ford of this requirement in the current QS-9000 document.

The QS-9000 standard and the purchasing procedure were influenced by two different management factions within Ford. We were told that the purhasing requirement, as a contract requirement, supercedes the QS-9000 statement.

I have a copy of this document that I can fax if you contact me off-line at 401-886-2529.

Dan Indish

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Ford's FM&SP Procedures Manual PNP05-007 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
M ISO13485 Documentation packs (manual, procedures, forms etc) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
I Concerning procedures within Quality Manual ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
A AS9100D Quality Manual & Procedures needed Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
Y ISO 13485:2003 &FDA QSR (21 CFR 820) Quality Manual,34 Procedures and Form Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
C Integrating ISO 9001, 14001 & OSHAS 18001 - Do you need a Manual & Procedures? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
T ISO 9001:2008 Mandatory Procedures in Quality Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
M Quality Manual - ISO 17025 required Mandatory and Operational Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
M ISO 9001 QMS Manual and Procedures for Laboratory wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P ISO 22000 and ISO 9001:2008 Manual and Procedures Integration Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 9
E ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and 0HSAS 18001 Procedures Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 10
B Shared Processes - How do I reflect them in my QMS Procedures and Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Procedures Manual - Procedure Titles Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
K Creation of Quality Manual, Procedures Manual, Work Instructions and Guidelines ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
F Review of a Quality/Procedures Manual for a Ministry in Kuwait Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
F Must the AS9100C quality manual contain the procedures and QMS documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
V Quality Procedures and Quality Manual Changes and Amendments Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
E Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures - File attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
D Helping rewrite the Quality Manual and Procedures - Hints wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
K Procedures Manual: Process or Narrative? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S Procedures and/or Work Instructions for New User Manual? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
K Procedures and Quality Manual written - Where next? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Question regarding Mandatory Procedures and Manual AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
S Quality Procedures Manual (ISO 9001:2008) for Construction Industry wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
S Quality Manual Review - Should the manual link all procedures Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
C Quality Manual and Procedures Manual for Small Service Business Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
I Short SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) or Add to Quality Manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 10
S Layout of the Manual of procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
C Can we do changes in the quality manual procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Write Quality Manual before Procedures? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
E Effective Dates for Policy and Procedures Manual. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
J Looking for stand-alone QMS manual & procedures for ISO 14001 as a guidance document. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
L ISO 14001: EMS manual/ procedures examples ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
D Condensed Procedures Manual for AS9100 Rev B - Do they Exist? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Q Inclusion of company safety manual and procedures in QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
J ISO 13485 Manual and Procedures, needed ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Quality manual, Procedures, WI & process mapping for oil field chemical & Eqpt.trader Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
D Quality Manual and Procedures incorporated in same document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
1 Anybody have a TS16949 QA manual/Procedures Template? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D Quality Manual - Where the cross referenced procedures fit in? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
A I have to CITE the ISO clause in BOTH my Quality Manual and in department procedures? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 16
N Electronics - Telecommunication Manufacturing Quality Manual and Procedures Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
N ISO/TS 16949:2002 Quality Manual and Procedures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K ISO 17025 Quality Manual and 58 page Checklist - And how many procedures do I need? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Looking for a Quality Manual and all of it's supporting Procedures, Flowcharts Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
D I have finished the Quality Manual. Now onto Procedures. Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
K Quality Manual - Procedures for Product recall Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
F Standard Calibration Procedures: Recommended Practice ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Scientific Operating Procedures For Sterilization Practices in India PSA/2012/1 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0