FMEA and Control Plan Software - Seeking advice

M

Michael Garnsey

FMEA and Control Plan Software

We are looking for a good, basic control plan FMEA software package. We do not really need a package that does a lot more than that, and I would prefer to find one that is fairly easy to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated- I have seen so many out there, and it is hard to know which ones are good, and which ones are all fluff-

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Batman

Hi Michael
A couple of years ago I was looking for the same. I evaluated a few packages - some that were large and some more simple. All were "networkable," as is most in Windows. We were at the time developing an updated LAN, so almost any would do in that respect. Our business changed, so we ended up with Word 97 and a lot of paperwork - easy for each individual team, difficult to tie together and nearly impossible for our Doc Controller to manage. One group I liked was aQuA from OMNEX. It did Process Flow, FMEA, and Control Plans. It was in a data base format, every data list was a link, so any changes in one would change in the other related docs. It was only 2 or 3 disks (as I remember) and was not too difficult to use. Depending on the breadth of your business, you could utilize Office / Word or Wordperfect, each has hyperlink capability. I suggest looking in the back pages of Quality and Quality Progress magazines, there are usually many advertisements for software like you are looking at.

R

Roger Eastin

I have just received a 30 day trial of some FMEA training software from Resource Engineering. Does anyone else know of FMEA training software out there?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Roger:

Give us a hint on whether it is any good or not. What's their web address? Did they send you a CD?

R

Roger Eastin

Yes, they sent me a CD and I will "playing" with it this afternoon. Their website is www.reseng.com. I'll let you know how it performs! We want to use it to help us train about 100 folks that will be involved with FMEAs, so we will use their server edition.

R

Roger Eastin

This training software looks good except it requires a sound card. Well, our PC's do not have sound cards! I guess it was a cost-cutting measure. To do what I need to do, I need several PC's (they are connected via a server) with access to this software. If you have sound card, however, I recommend that you evaluate this software package.

R

Richard Sadler

I'm currently looking into a software package called Proquis. It covers most aspects of quality system management (document control, calibration of test equipment, FMEA, personnel and training etc).
It's a modular system, so you can add 'extras' as you require. There is a website at www.proquis.com.
They do online quotations and you can get a multimedia CD. The CD isn't a demo of useable software, but it gives an idea of what it's capable of.
I'm having a demo of the software soon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
S Family / Generic type of FMEA & Control Plan and Symbols FMEA and Control Plans 3
T Software for linking Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA and Control Plan APQP and PPAP 9
C List Error Proofing in the Process FMEA or the Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 2
K FMEA and Control Plan Header Content FMEA and Control Plans 6
Q Chrysler required FMEA and Control Plan Document Audit Forms and Process Audit Check FMEA and Control Plans 7
S FMEA and Control Plan in a Cord Blood Bank FMEA and Control Plans 2
R FMEA and Control Plan Linkage FMEA and Control Plans 3
Z Control Plan & FMEA Specifications - Level of Details FMEA and Control Plans 4
R Which parameters to be addressed in Control Plan from FMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 2
K FMEA and Control Plan In-House or send to Customer? APQP and PPAP 9
R Criteria for defining FMEA & Control Plan Critical and Significant Characteristics FMEA and Control Plans 10
D Control Plan & FMEA for Supplier Assembled Parts FMEA and Control Plans 3
P Robots in a Production Line - Control Plan and Process FMEA Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
T Current Process Controls Prevention - Process FMEA before Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
D Process Diagram - FMEA - Control Plan Software APQP and PPAP 5
T Our products are Security Cabinets - FMEA & Control Plan Quality Planning help FMEA and Control Plans 1
D How does "outsourcing" get included in the FMEA and Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 4
Q Does every Process Control listed in FMEA have to be listed in the Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 4
P FMEA & Control Plan for painting of plastic parts - Example wanted FMEA and Control Plans 3
ScottK Retroactive FMEA and Control plan - is this a common thing? FMEA and Control Plans 12
P FMEA and Control Plan for Plastic Injection Moulding/Painting Process FMEA and Control Plans 13
L Is FMEA revision the only input for Control Plan revision? FMEA and Control Plans 15
D The relationship between the FMEA and Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 4
M Flow chart, FMEA, Control Plan for cable assembly for Automative industry IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
E Control Plan and FMEA (non automotive) FMEA and Control Plans 9
Q FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and Control Plan Process Diagrams FMEA and Control Plans 3
Kales Veggie Informational How to develop a Control Plan from a PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 56
J The real Link between a PFMEA (Process FMEA) and the Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 19
M Connections between PFMEA (Process FMEA) and the Control Plan. FMEA and Control Plans 20
T ISO9001 or TS16949 FMEA and CONTROL PLAN For Tannery / Leather Industry FMEA and Control Plans 1
J How to connect FMEA, Control Plan, G8d, 5Whys and Draw the pareto Nonconformance and Corrective Action 0
D FMEA and Control Plan Characteristics Column - Product / Process Information FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Software to Handle All "Quality" Processes? APQP, Control Plan, FMEA, MSA, PPAP, etc. Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
C Process Flow Diagram, FMEA and Control Plan Attached - Please Review FMEA and Control Plans 6
B Links between Process Flow, Process FMEA and Control Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
R Layered Audits - Where to tie the layered audit process back to FMEA & Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
R Dock audits on Process FMEA, Control Plan and Process Flow Diagram FMEA and Control Plans 5
J Software which links Process FMEA (PFMEA), Control Plan and Flow Chart Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 9
A How to establish linkage between specs/control plan/FMEA/process flow? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
R ISO 9001 Vs. QS-9000 - Does ISO 9000 not require a Control Plan, FMEA, etc.? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
apestate Short FMEA and Control Plan - What am I doing wrong? FMEA and Control Plans 5
apestate Multiple Attachments: FMEA and Control Plan Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
S Control Plan and Design FMEA (DFMEA) Links FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Microsoft Access APQP type database for Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plan, etc. Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 44
L Control Plan or FMEA - Which comes first? FMEA and Control Plans 24
Jimmy123 FMEA - Preventive vs Detection Control FMEA and Control Plans 7
eule del ayre Merging FMEA and Quality Control Process Flow FMEA and Control Plans 0
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
A CAQ Software - Implementation of a Software for FMEA's and Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0