FMEA Rating Scales for the Insurance Industry

M

mam3015

I am trying to rescale our FMEA ratings for use in an Insurance environment. Has anyone seen or developed scales for this industry?
Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

I am also interested to learn how FMEA can be applied to insurance industry. Have you checked the links to related threads at the bottom of this page?

Does anyone have something for mam3015?

M

mam3015

Jennifer,
I have looked through the other links but haven't seen anything specific to Insurance. I will continue to look.
Thanks,
Mark

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
I am trying to rescale our FMEA ratings for use in an Insurance environment. Has anyone seen or developed scales for this industry?
Thanks
I feel your rating choosen for the probability of occurance has to be done with utmost care because this is one thing that directly has a bearing on the compensation pay out. Study and analysis of previous cases and technical snags that could occure resulting in an occurance of an adverse event is greatly required. This is from my basic thoughts that insurance claim comes up on the occurance of an adverse event no matter how sevear the event is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Design FMEA - Detection Rating criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
Sean Kelley FMEA Visual Inspection Detection Rating FMEA and Control Plans 5
B FMEA Ranking Rating Best Practices FMEA and Control Plans 10
P Occurrence Rating in AIAG FMEA Manual 4th Edition FMEA and Control Plans 5
M FMEA Occurrence Rating for Customer Claims (Complaints) FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Gap in FMEA Occurrence Rating Standard FMEA and Control Plans 2
A PFMEA (Process FMEA) Detection Rating - Actions to Reduce RPN FMEA and Control Plans 3
V In Design FMEA, how to give Occurrence Rating? FMEA and Control Plans 4
Q FMEA: Visual Detection Rating IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
Chennaiite FMEA Severity Rating for Potential Manufacturing Effect mentioned in the FMEA manual FMEA and Control Plans 9
I FMEA Detection Rating - What is Soft or Hard? FMEA and Control Plans 7
P The Origin of the FMEA Detection Rating FMEA and Control Plans 7
J Medical Device FMEA Occurence Rating Scale Justification FMEA and Control Plans 3
B FMEA Rating Table for Services like Software Implementation or Sampling Requests Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
S FMEA Severity Rating - Will a Process Design Change also Change the Severity Rating? FMEA and Control Plans 21
E FMEA Severity, Occurrence, and Detection Rating - I am in need of some examples FMEA and Control Plans 19
Q Supplier Analysis - Rating using an FMEA - Anyone ever try something like this? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
T Process FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis) Severity Rating and RPN IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
A What should the FMEA Occurence Rating be based upon? FMEA and Control Plans 9
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 18
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
P Design FMEA for Industrial Machinery FMEA and Control Plans 3
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
D Where does "as far as possible" stop? FMEA - EN 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 29
R What are the changes in 5th Edition of FMEA manual? FMEA and Control Plans 6
M Risk and Corrective actions - Currently no FMEA's - Car systems Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 8
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
Jimmy123 Example of a P-Diagram for Process FMEA - Uncontrollable noises FMEA and Control Plans 39
Jimmy123 FMEA - Preventive vs Detection Control FMEA and Control Plans 7
M MANUAL FMEA VDA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
L Which one is more important for FMEA CC or SC, FMEA and Control Plans 6
G FMEA financial benefits APQP and PPAP 2
M Foundation FMEA: what is it? FMEA and Control Plans 15
eule del ayre Merging FMEA and Quality Control Process Flow FMEA and Control Plans 0
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 4
bobdoering Catching up on the new FMEA book! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
S New AIAG FMEA Process - How to complete the new format FMEA and Control Plans 32
C FMEA - Multiple function failures considerations FMEA and Control Plans 3
J New FMEA aproach - formular Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Confusion on the new FMEA guidebook - Are we supposed to replace our FMEAs? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Z Using FMEA for Knowledge Management FMEA and Control Plans 6
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
K PFMEA (Process FMEA) - Can be common for 3000 products? FMEA and Control Plans 2
R The difference b/w FMEA & Risk analysis as per iso 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8