FMEA Severity Ratings for Health Care Information System

M

medalex

Hi,
I'm creating FMEA rating tables for IT risks in information system (health care information system) and I have some difficulties with describing severity rating from 1 to 10. All examples I have found are connected with cars' production. May be somebody can give me a link to some example or explain which severity levels can be in IT world.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: FMEA severity ratings for information system

Hi,
I'm creating FMEA rating tables for IT risks in information system (health care information system) and I have some difficulties with describing severity rating from 1 to 10. All examples I have found are connected with cars' production. May be somebody can give me a link to some example or explain which severity levels can be in IT world.
I am looking forward to your reply.
The attachment is not based on a 1-10 scale, but is for an IT application.

Attachments

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
Re: FMEA severity ratings for information system

People using older versions of MS Office can open, edit and save Office 7 files (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) by downloading and installing the MS Office Compatibility Pack.
It doesn't work well in some countries software editions and with some word processing programs that do accept the .doc format, so MS Office Compatibility Pack simply is not always an answer.

Preference here is for backward compatibility.

Now - Back to the topic. End of compatibility discussion.

Thank you.

M

medalex

Thanks for all your answers, but I have another one. Is there a strict rules about rating's numbering? As I understood usually it is from 1 to 10. Is this numbers are connected with some standard?

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Thanks for all your answers, but I have another one. Is there a strict rules about rating's numbering? As I understood usually it is from 1 to 10. Is this numbers are connected with some standard?
Here are some reference ISO/IEC standards:

ISO 14971: International Standard for Application of risk management to medical devices

IEC 300-3-9: International Electrotechnical Commission Standard for Dependability Management Part 3: Application Guide, Section 9: Risk Analysis of Technological Systems

IEC 513: International Electrotechnical Commission Standard for Fundamental Aspects of Safety Standards for Medical electrical equipment

IEC 812: International Electrotechnical Commission Standard for Analysis Techniques for System Reliability - Procedure for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M FMEA Severity Scores Between Two Sister divisions? FMEA and Control Plans 6
C FMEA Severity Rating for aggravating failures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
X Customer Service FMEA - Specifically Customer Care / Severity Rankings Service Industry Specific Topics 3
D How to fill a Process FMEA - Three columns - Severity, occurrence and Detection FMEA and Control Plans 16
S What should the FMEA Severity for SC & CC Characteristics be? FMEA and Control Plans 5
N AIAG 4th ed. FMEA Manual "Fit" Changed to "Appearance" - Fit severity? FMEA and Control Plans 2
G Severity in Process FMEA for Rework Process FMEA and Control Plans 1
S FMEA's - Severity and Classification of Print Characteristics FMEA and Control Plans 1
C FMEA DOGMA about Severity - Am I right or Wrong? FMEA and Control Plans 2
K 4th Edition AIAG FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria for Plastics FMEA and Control Plans 1
M Severity Reduction in a Design FMEA (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 26
P Chemical Purity Testing - FMEA Severity Scale FMEA and Control Plans 2
T FMEA Severity 9 &10 - Example of "with warning?" FMEA and Control Plans 6
A AIAG Design FMEA Severity Rankings - Noncompliance Government Regulation? FMEA and Control Plans 9
D Severity or Occurrence? Performing an FMEA on Motorcycle Operation FMEA and Control Plans 9
L FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria FMEA and Control Plans 3
I Ford FMEA requirements for Severity and Occurrence Rankings Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
G FMEA Severity Ranking for an Automotive Audio System FMEA and Control Plans 9
Chennaiite FMEA Severity Rating for Potential Manufacturing Effect mentioned in the FMEA manual FMEA and Control Plans 9
kedarg6500 FMEA Severity Scale - Higher for Failure at Customer's or End-Customer's place? FMEA and Control Plans 19
Y Severity, Occurrence and Detection FMEA Ranking Tables - Guidelines? FMEA and Control Plans 8
L FMEA - Should a severity of 9 or 10 be always followed by recommended actions? FMEA and Control Plans 2
S FMEA Severity of 9 or 10 - Shower does not operate FMEA and Control Plans 13
M FMEA: Which Severity, Occurrance, Detection scale in healthcare? FMEA and Control Plans 3
M PFMEA Severity - What is Process FMEA Severity estimation based on? FMEA and Control Plans 77
S FMEA Severity Rating - Will a Process Design Change also Change the Severity Rating? FMEA and Control Plans 21
B Automotive Severity 10 - Supplier Response - FMEA for an electronic product FMEA and Control Plans 8
R FMEA for Process Planning - Travelers - Severity, Occurrance, Detection FMEA and Control Plans 10
E FMEA Severity, Occurrence, and Detection Rating - I am in need of some examples FMEA and Control Plans 19
T Process FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis) Severity Rating and RPN IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
Y FMEA Ranking and Prioritization - Failure Modes with higher severity first? FMEA and Control Plans 21
Kevin Mader FMEA Severity Index - Leading contributor to the RPN value FMEA and Control Plans 9
D Twin Screw Extrusion FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 4
Casana Step 7 in AIAG/VDA FMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 15
A FMEA Official Rankings S-O-D? FMEA and Control Plans 9
R FMEA's for non-manufacturing sites FMEA and Control Plans 4
M ISO 14971:2019 vs FMEA methodology ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 23
Y FMEA link to Control Plan frequency and sample size FMEA and Control Plans 19
A FMEA Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Dan Pare Ford CSR Update (FMEA's) - January 2022 FMEA and Control Plans 24
H RPN in AIaG-VDA FMEA Manual FMEA and Control Plans 1
M Process FMEA for Laser Cutting/Press Brake/Welding FMEA and Control Plans 2
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
OpExPro AIAG VDA FMEA Rating Tables FMEA and Control Plans 5
OpExPro The note at the bottom of DFMEA occurrence tables in AIAG VDA FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 0
Q FMEA and Risk assessment in Microsoft Access FMEA and Control Plans 6
W FMEA - Current control and occurrence rating FMEA and Control Plans 3
J FMEA Handbook 2019 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Process FMEA Template with examples - Cold and Hot Forged components FMEA and Control Plans 4
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1