FMEA Software

amcostlow

Registered
Hello! I have spent some time looking through the forums and was unable to find what I am looking for. Ford has recently updated their CSRs to require
  • FMEA Software required to ensure linkage between affected documents
Does anyone have any information on software that would fulfill this requirement? Or perhaps have information on what functions the software needs to meet this requirement? We are a Tier 2 supplier and are being required by our customer to adhere to this requirement. Unfortunately our customer has been unable to offer any help or explanation on what is required.

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello! I have spent some time looking through the forums and was unable to find what I am looking for. Ford has recently updated their CSRs to require
Does anyone have any information on software that would fulfill this requirement? Or perhaps have information on what functions the software needs to meet this requirement? We are a Tier 2 supplier and are being required by our customer to adhere to this requirement. Unfortunately our customer has been unable to offer any help or explanation on what is required.

So there is off-the-shelf software that helps an org meet this requirement, or you can create your own. Just do some searches and you can solicit demos from different companies.

The requirement is that you can link the Control Plan and FMEA; then there could be additional linkages to your excursion management and learning tools. But the main is the CP & FMEA and maybe process map.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
As per @Jen Kirley 's comment, please see the thread she referenced. As you will see, I have quite a bit of experience with the software discussed there.

Be well.

FlyIngo

Registered

Hello, I can recommend OMNEX EwQIMS Software they have also an EXCEL import Function. They have also a Global Parent Child FMEA Structure --> Foundation FMEA's as Generic Starter.
See below what FORD recommends as Criteria for a FMEA Software:

•Make an update to foundation PFMEA and show that information was sent to part FMEA for review. Show that suggested change can be accepted and is incorporated into part PFMEA
•Make an update to part PFMEA and show that information was sent to foundation FMEA for review. Show that suggested change can be accepted and is incorporated into foundation PFMEA.
•Show that an update to either the part control plan or the part PFMEA causes the other one to be updated.
•Demonstrate creating a part PFMEA by selecting from the catalog or process specific PFMEAs (e.g. riveting, welding, etc.)
•Visual structure and standard FMEA view (does visual structure include 4M functions, failure modes, and controls?)
•Copy control – Do you use the Cloud or some other method to ensure users don’t have different copies on different computers

mtmt70a

Starting to get Involved

Yes the three major FMEA Vendors that I'm looking into supports this new CSR either in a direct or in-direct way. We are thinking of taking our Lesson Learned and add them to a part/device/module items within the FMEA and store them within the FMEA Tool for future use in new FMEAs that are performed. Might want to ref. Relyence and contact them for their targeted engagement process for Ford. If we have field issue with a module or device, plan to update the history and provide a FMEA link to our Agile Config. Tool. Our approach to Foundational FMEA.

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi,

You can use AIAG CTS (Core Tools Support) software. Its structure is good.
Core Tools Support (CTS) Software - Details | AIAG

Top Bottom