FMVSS 302 Flammability Testing Certification

R

RedSectorA

Hello, Long time reader first time poster. :)

I work in a lab that does Automotive Testing and my manager is asking about testing certification to FMVSS 302 Flammability. What he is looking for is there anyone who comes in and observes the testing and then can certify that we are doing per the Specification?

He really isnt looking for us to get ISO or TS compliant but just certify that we perform the flammability testing as required.

If anyone knows of an official group that can do this certification, please let me know. Thanks!

JC

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Hello, Long time reader first time poster. :)

I work in a lab that does Automotive Testing and my manager is asking about testing certification to FMVSS 302 Flammability. What he is looking for is there anyone who comes in and observes the testing and then can certify that we are doing per the Specification?

He really isnt looking for us to get ISO or TS compliant but just certify that we perform the flammability testing as required.

If anyone knows of an official group that can do this certification, please let me know. Thanks!

JC
Are you working in an independent lab, or a captive one (a company doing testing on its own products)? If the former is true, you should be ISO 17025 accredited, which is about as close as you can get to the type of certification you're looking for. If you're a captive lab, it's unlikely that you could get anyone to certify the proper conduct of specific tests. This is mainly because witnessing compliant testing isn't much of an assurance that the testing has always been or will continue to be compliant. Your lab could be accredited to 17025.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Flammability: Testing Burn Rate with Improper Sample Size fmvss 302 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
K ISO 3795 FMVSS 302 Flammability - Automotive Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
Manix FMVSS 302 Applicable to Metal Parts? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
N Searching for FMVSS 202A clause? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
N LCD Pixel Flaws - ISO 9241-302,303,305 or 307? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
P Salt spray testing - Comparative corrosion data of 302 S26 vs Galvanised carbon steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
R GMW 15571 - Flammability IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
O Flammability Requirement for Gaskets and Seals - UL 61010-1 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
S MSA (measurement system analysis) on Flammability tester? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
E IEC & UL 60601-1 Plastics Flammability - Guidance on flame-rated plastics usage IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 11
B Flammability Ratings for Internal Battery & Hand-Held ME Equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
L Flammability Rating - is FT4 a better rating than FT1? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
D Should all materials used for ME Equipment have flammability of class V-0 or higher? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
P Medical Device Insulated Wire Flammability Classifications FV-1, VW-1 and FT-1 (CSA) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
T Enclosure Flammability Rating of Molded-In Custom Color Liquid Concentrates IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Flammability EN 1021 - Polyurethane Foam that meets EN 1021-1 & 2 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M Cal 133 flammability standard - Medical Devices - Stupid Customer Tricks 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C Flammability of medical textile - any relevant standards? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S What's difference between fmvss302 and GM6090M? Flammability of interior materials Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M Honda Requirement HES C 206 - Flammability specification Customer and Company Specific Requirements 10