Food Processors and Blades - Weekend Discussion

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes, go with the best. Get a Cuisinart food processor. I was lucky enough to actually find one at a thrift store for $20. It came with grating and slicing attachments. The only thing missing was the processing blade. Serendipitously, Cuisinart had a recall on their blades because of metal shards. I gave them the number of my unit, and they sent me a new blade for free. I've used that thing almost every day since the pandemic lockdown started.

I think you would love having one.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
When we finished redoing our kitchen, we had saved so much doing it ourselves that we bought the kitchen a present...a small set of Shun knives.
Rarely have any issue cutting anything...and if it doesn't cut a tomato easily, a quick swipe with a steel and it's like cutting butter again.

If you were considering $120 for a food processor, spend $120 on a perfect chef knife instead...a better choice IMO.
I use a Shun Ken Onion 10" chefs knife every single day...totally worth the $70 it cost...too bad it's discontinued.

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Over the last 50 years, I've dealt with a lot of knives, my own and those belonging to others. I agree with Ninja that a top quality knife is a joy to work with, BUT it requires TLC to stay a joy. If you are going to spend big money on a knife, take the time to learn how to use and care for it properly. On the other hand, I have a stamped steel (not forged) 10-inch chef's knife that I bought for $5 at a restaurant supply house warehouse clearance that I have loved and used for 20 years because it is well balanced, hard enough to hold an edge, and can be used by visitors to my kitchen without causing me trepidation the way using my $100 Japanese sushi knife would.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J How to Set Microbial Limits in Food Supplements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Interesting Discussion Requirements for selling a Food product in USA Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
A Managing overseas travel risks to food handlers Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
John Broomfield Interesting Discussion Regionally unique food and drink Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
A Information on good laboratory practices (GLP) for the non-medical or food industry wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S FDA Registration food facility - We operate under CGMP guidelines US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M FDA News USFDA Final Rule – Medical Device Classification Procedures: Incorporating Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act Procedures Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
I Food Contact Materials Declaration of Compliance Inquiry - (EC) 1935/2004 Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
Marc Interesting Discussion We have food safety laws thanks to 19th century “poison squad” Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
P SQF Food Safety Plan 8th Edition Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
T Value Chain Map for Food Services Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 1
K Food Shelf Life Stability Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
P Customer Complaint Definition - Food Distributor Customer Complaints 5
Marc Food Safety Information Resource Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
M Component Manufacturer of Food Stuffs Mfg. Equipment Parts - Eat Drink Policy ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
O CFDA (China Food and Drugs Administration) Audit Finding Classifications China Medical Device Regulations 1
C Liquid Food Grade Transportation Requirements Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
R Personalised Food Packaging Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
R Polypropylene Packaging for Food items Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
S Food Safe Ink for reusable and disposable gloves US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S Korea - MFDS (South Korea Ministry of Food and Drug Safety) Contact? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
D Requirements for Storage of Food Allergen Ingredients Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J CFDA issues Guiding Opinions on Enhancing the Construction of Food and Drug Inspectio China Medical Device Regulations 1
0 Standard that is the equivalent to ISO 22000 but for the non-food industry Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
F Implementing ISO 9001:2008 in a new Food Processing company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Chennaiite Is Audit of Employee Canteen Food within the scope of OHSAS 18001? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 17
P ISO/DIS 9001:2015 Vs ISO 9001:2008 in a Food Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Marc Thoughts for Food - What's on the menu? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
S Does Contract Manufacturer need to issue Food Grade certificate for finished device? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
V Is it required to perform Process Validation for food or dietary supplements? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
D Pesticides in Food Process Areas - HACCP in a Restaurant Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
H Microbiology Criteria for Food Packing Material Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5
0 GMP Guideline for Recycled Plastic Flakes used in Food Applications Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
AnaMariaVR2 Getting Importers? Pulse About Food Safety Plans Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
T ISO 9001 for a Holding Company which owns several Food Companies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Food Safety Manual for ISO 22000:2005 - Please critique Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
Marc Definition Sell By, Use By and Best Before - Food Label Content Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
K It's 2013. What are your Food Safety System concerns? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 8
P Food Hygiene Presentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
M Determining Critical Control Points (CCP's) in Food Safety Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
P Food Contact Surfaces presentation # 2 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P Food Contact Surfaces Presentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
P Food Safety & Technology presentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
M Critical Limits for CCP in a food storage warehouse Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
Y Delivering an effective and all inclusive EHS program in a Food company Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
I California Food & Drug Branch require components manufacturer to obtain license? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
S What are typical Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL) adopted in Food industry? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
S SFDA (China's state Food and Drug Administration) changed to CFDA China Medical Device Regulations 6
P Basic Food Hygiene Presentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6